• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name A Cricketer (Ex or Current) You Can't Bear To Watch or Hear

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Bishop comes out of this mode when he is not on IPL duty.

He’s one of the best analysts in the commentary booth.
Unlike some of the ****s mentioned in this thread. The dude does his research

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The IPL needs an option where you can mute the commentators but keep the crowd noise for the atmosphere. I basically watch it all on mute, there's barely a decent commentator there and those that are get duped into the frenzied broadcasting requirements. It's got to the stage where Danny ****ing Morrison isn't the worst person there (or even close to it), and that should never happen.

I also have an intense dislike for Nick Knight (who was another who sent me to the mute button), I'm not sure why, he just annoys me to ****.
Most annoying thing in the IPL is hearing the comms trying to slip cred or the other sponsors into every line. **** like "He's a secure pair of hands on thr boundary, just like cred is for your money" when someone takes a catch is so grating. Ide honestly prefer if they just said the sponsors name instead of trying to make it witty.

peterhrt

U19 Cricketer
Ian Bishop comes out of this mode when he is not on IPL duty.

He’s one of the best analysts in the commentary booth.
Unlike some of the ****s mentioned in this thread. The dude does his research
To his credit, Bishop has been about the only one to speak out against loutish, over-aggressive behaviour on the field, understanding its likely effect on young viewers. Most of the others think it's funny or "part of the game".

Also a fan of Pommie. No ego or agenda. Lets you watch the game in peace without forcing opinions and banalities down your throat.

Molehill

International Captain
Also a fan of Pommie. No ego or agenda. Lets you watch the game in peace without forcing opinions and banalities down your throat.
Yeah, I like Pommie too. He can get a bit over-excited at times, but he does generally wait until it's kind of appropriate unlike say Morrison who seems to live on caffeine and red bulls.

If Nick Knight was a colour, he'd be beige
Indeed, but when something exciting happens he goes into this weird voice. Turned on the Blast last night and realised he'd made a swift exit from India and popped up in Taunton. The **** is haunting me.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To his credit, Bishop has been about the only one to speak out against loutish, over-aggressive behaviour on the field, understanding its likely effect on young viewers. Most of the others think it's funny or "part of the game".

I absolutely loved it when Pommie was on commentary during the Zimbabwe-Ireland series earlier this year. You can feel the passion and enthusiasm manifested into his commentary, yet being an absolute professional with it. It was a goosebumps moment for me.