• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name A Cricketer (Ex or Current) You Can't Bear To Watch or Hear

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
On the other hand I love hearing Isa Guha speak. She could recite the alphabet and it would be good listening.
Sometimes in sport you feel female commentators are there because the broadcasters feel they have to have female representation.

In football, I've never heard a really good female commentator, some good pundits, but not actual commentators.

In cricket though, there are some.seriously good female commentators- I think Isha Guha is as good as any male commentator. Ebony Rainford-Brent, Mel Jones and Lisa Sthalekar are also very good.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I used to hate Morrison but I think he’s memed himself to awesome status now

Molehill

International Captain
Sometimes in sport you feel female commentators are there because the broadcasters feel they have to have female representation.

In football, I've never heard a really good female commentator, some good pundits, but not actual commentators.
I have a feeling Pien Meulensteen will become an outstanding commentator in football, has already done one Sky game. I like the hint of both Mancunian and Dutch in her accent.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Bumping this to give matthew hayden a shoutout. Listened to him commentate MI vs LSG playoffs and he's been horrible. All the cliches in the book but he's also just been wrong half the time and seems to really like the word intent. Makes KP look good by comparison.

Reactions: FBU

Molehill

International Captain
Bumping this to give matthew hayden a shoutout. Listened to him commentate MI vs LSG playoffs and he's been horrible. All the cliches in the book but he's also just been wrong half the time and seems to really like the word intent. Makes KP look good by comparison.
The IPL needs an option where you can mute the commentators but keep the crowd noise for the atmosphere. I basically watch it all on mute, there's barely a decent commentator there and those that are get duped into the frenzied broadcasting requirements. It's got to the stage where Danny ****ing Morrison isn't the worst person there (or even close to it), and that should never happen.

I also have an intense dislike for Nick Knight (who was another who sent me to the mute button), I'm not sure why, he just annoys me to ****.

anil1405

International Captain
The list of cricketers one can't bear to hear is endless in the modern era. Would be unfair to just list one or two.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Not really a fan of Ian Bishop, totally emphatic commentary, where even mundane things are made to sound like an event.

I quite like Pommie, lovely tones.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The IPL needs an option where you can mute the commentators but keep the crowd noise for the atmosphere. I basically watch it all on mute, there's barely a decent commentator there and those that are get duped into the frenzied broadcasting requirements. It's got to the stage where Danny ****ing Morrison isn't the worst person there (or even close to it), and that should never happen.

I also have an intense dislike for Nick Knight (who was another who sent me to the mute button), I'm not sure why, he just annoys me to ****.
If Nick Knight was a colour, he'd be beige

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really a fan of Ian Bishop, totally emphatic commentary, where even mundane things are made to sound like an event.
Finally, someone else who dislikes Mr. Wow Wow Wow. Never understood why people rate him, he was bog ordinary in Australia, even by the general low standard.

FBU

International Debutant
Finally, someone else who dislikes Mr. Wow Wow Wow. Never understood why people rate him, he was bog ordinary in Australia, even by the general low standard.
And shrieking when there is a wicket and every catch, boundary, six is amazing, incredibile, wonderful etc when it is a normal shot, catch, run etc. You can get excitement into a normal voice.