• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My ODI Batting Rankings

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't make assumptions. I have followed Dhoni's career closely and he has been extremely consistent as of late and as of late happens to be quite a large number of ODIs. He is fantastically consistent and scores at a very brisk rate when necessary.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Don't make assumptions. I have followed Dhoni's career closely and he has been extremely consistent as of late and as of late happens to be quite a large number of ODIs. He is fantastically consistent and scores at a very brisk rate when necessary.
And its not like the 11 above him haven't been doing the same......

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Naturally, I feel to a greater extent than the seven above him. But this is about career form, so I accept the judgement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And its not like the 11 above him haven't been doing the same......
Dhoni is categorically better than Salman Butt to be fair.

He's also ranked #1 in the ICC rankings, so he must be doing something better than most, even if the system is slightly flawed.

Its just hard to see how a Jamie How is better than Symonds, Yuvraj or Sangakkara. I guess if its overall performances than those with fewer (ala Butt and How) will be favoured. Even so, still a bit odd.

Last edited:

analyst

U19 12th Man
The role of Dhoni has changed over the last few years, it is a role that some ODI batsmen have been given, a role that requires flexibility, a role of responsibility and yet a role of the aggresor and the finisher, while also at the same time, a role of the fixer. I think while he has not been making huge headlines making big scores like the early years, he deserves plaudits for his consistency with getting India over the line through his leadership and 40's and 70's.