• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MWM draft

howitzer

International 12th Man
Tbh there's actually an argument to 'Bradman' Sobers out of this looking at most of the other players with 8. He's almost a cheat code here. @AndrewB to decide.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Being in the first few a huge advantage here (he says because he is right towards the end.)
i dont agree however drafting is for the most part a numbers game however with voting its also a popularity thing . So due to popularity i think some main targets will get hit sooner in this draft than others ive played due to the limitation .

That being said the numbers in this one makes it very difficult to create a balanced team and thus there is maybe 2 or 3 approaches to guarantee you'll be able to to this and create what resembles a top 11 as the end element of this draft promises to be incredibly difficult . So the first couple of picks will affect this a lot as many will have similar approaches and king makers .

Although i do think more experienced drafters will do very well having a later pick due to the fact of the numbers and i now need to wait 32 picks before my second so for me that's a disadvantage as i have a couple of targets that is vital and as per usual there is only 3 or 4 viable picks in those targets . I am happy to get what is probably a top pick but it also means in 32 picks some of those main targets can get depleted and i cannot counter and this is normally the case in most drafts .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
i dont agree however drafting is for the most part a numbers game however with voting its also a popularity thing . So due to popularity i think some main targets will get hit sooner in this draft than others ive played due to the limitation .

That being said the numbers in this one makes it very difficult to create a balanced team and thus there is maybe 2 or 3 approaches to guarantee you'll be able to to this and create what resembles a top 11 as the end element of this draft promises to be incredibly difficult . So the first couple of picks will affect this a lot as many will have similar approaches and king makers .

Although i do think more experienced drafters will do very well having a later pick due to the fact of the numbers and i now need to wait 32 picks before my second so for me that's a disadvantage as i have a couple of targets that is vital and as per usual there is only 3 or 4 viable picks in those targets . I am happy to get what is probably a top pick but it also means in 32 picks some of those main targets can get depleted and i cannot counter and this is normally the case in most drafts .
Summary: Being the first pick is also equally bad since the second pick is after 32 picks only.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Order for Round 1:
  1. howitzer
  2. Krypto
  3. Silver Silva
  4. JOJOXI
  5. trundler
  6. AndyZaltzHair
  7. Himannv
  8. CricAddict
  9. Line and Length
  10. ataraxia
  11. honestbharani
  12. Bitmap
  13. capt_Luffy
  14. Teuton
  15. kingkallis
  16. Pothas
  17. AndrewB
  18. Fuller Pilch
Regular picks get 8 hours, but since this is being launched unannounced, no time outs before 12 noon UTC on Jan 31st (i.e. no time outs in the first 16 hours or so of the draft, so hopefully everyone gets a chance to see it first).

Even rounds will (as usual) follow the reverse order of the previous round.
@draftmaster? Am I in?

Guys, I just discovered this thread. Can I play too?

I come with experience and all the necessary equipment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Usually I am happy enough picking late as you get that early double pick. This one has a few really obvious ones at the top though.
I think the last few ones had some very good first picks and I wanted to be first in at least a few of those, I think.