• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*MVP Vote*

David

International 12th Man
Its kind of hard to do these, not knowing what people did for other teams, but here goes...

FC
1- Dave - Couldn't have had my stellar season without him, my bowling partner of choice, he bowled beautifully through the season and was extremely unlucky not to get a test call up, and the work he did behind the scenes also tremendous, top bloke!

2- Nathan Hoy - His stats are phenomenal, that many wickets at that average and plenty of runs to boot... A genuine all rounder performing for his team.

3- Nath Patrick - Spearheaded the blues bowling, and they went on to win the title, enough said really

OD
1- Zaid Ghansar - A fanatstic addition to the Reds OD side, without him we'd have been lost in the water

2- Bugssy - More runs than Blewy, yet doesn't get a mention? Admittedly less runs than BK Smith, but at a better average. Get a team of him and Zaid and the Reds would be unbeatable, simply spectacular watching him bat.

3- nathan hoy - seems to me to be just a damn good player and good bloke, can't go past him.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Daily Blast TV (TDBTV)
Roundup of the Season 7 Election

The 5D MVP

The race started evenly and then Cloete belted out to a 10 vote lead. The public was saying that he would run away with it, whilst the experts suggested that fan favourite Nathan Hoy would pick up votes in the more experienced corners. A surprise win in a rookie corner gave Hoy a boost to the 20+ region and he then took 5 more electoral votes from two experienced heads. Suddenly the race tightened to a 2-vote gap and it was clear this would be an allnighter for the media and perhaps the closest election in Ameri... um... Cricket Web history.

A win from Jamaica then sent Hoy into his first clear lead. However Cloete took second in the corner and thus kept the pace at 1 vote. Shut out in another experienced corner, Cloete fell to 3 behind and Hoy looked to be gathering steam as the experts predicted. The predictions also indicated that Cloete would still have some support to come though.

The latter would be proven false, as Nathan Hoy failed to secure Perth at the end but saw Cloete shut out with no electoral votes to seal a dramatic victory for the rookie. Nathan Hoy, elected as Season 7 5D MVP in his first Dev League season. The accomplished Cloete seemed braced to take the election by a landslide, but Hoy was the little allrounder who could and finished strong.

Final margin: Nathan Hoy 38, Cloete 31 (David Kennett 18, Samuel Vimes 17)

---

The OD MVP

The pre-election polls saw Nathan Hoy and Blewy in a neck-and-neck race, but apparently the people changed they're minds and a soft-spoken, yet outstanding allrounder staked his claim. With 11 corners counted Zaid Ghansar emerged the leader with 21 votes over BK Smith's 17, whilst Hoy (14) and Blewy (1) floundered behind.

Still the margin was less than Hoy overcame at a later stage in the 5D election, so hope was not lost in his camp. Indeed he began to make his run when he won the corners that he took in the 5D campaign, moving to 9 votes shy of Ghansar after 15 corners reported. Alas, stories of Tom Halsey's cricketing service for Blue and his unusual pattern of speech wooed the people of Essex and Merseyside to win the polls there and draw votes away from both Hoy and Ghansar. This ultimately hurt the Hoy campaign more than Ghansar's.

It soon became clear who the winner of the election would be and Ghansar produced enough steam at the end to go clear by 12 electoral votes, finishing by winning in Perth where Nathan Hoy had held his victory party.

Zaid Ghansar elected Season 7 OD MVP in his second Dev League season.

Final margin: Zaid Ghansar 39, Nathan Hoy 27 (BK Smith 21, Tom Halsey 14)

No word yet as to a possible concession by the losing parties or the prospect pending of a recount.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to both winners, you both played a huge part in your respective teams successes through the season, its also great the 2 younger guys have won the awards, if i may be so bold the future of CW cricket has never looked brighter.

on a more personal note congrats to Nathan, is has been an absolute pleaseure captaining Green this season, a task made much easier by Nathan, hes such a talented player and takes on a tremendous workload, always putting in 110% for the games, and 150% for the celebrations. hes got such great attitude to the game as well. i think we have a future CWXI captain in the making here.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Congrats to the winners.Great jobs.Still worried about me not getting nominated for 5D MVP though.What?Too many Greens?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Congrats to the winners.Great jobs.Still worried about me not getting nominated for 5D MVP though.What?Too many Greens?
Each captain nominated 3 in each form and I nominated the rest mostly based on statistical performance relative to the team.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
:wacko:

First off i would like to congratulate Zaid Ghansar on the OD MVP award. (Although i was about to order a recount in Essex and Merseyside :@ :p). He had a terrific season and fully deserves the award.

Also, thanks go out to the CWers that voted for me in both elections...i'll share a beer with you all in the CW bar before we head off to Club Cricket around the globe.

And last but not least, my green teammates, and that we were through the season, while some of the other camps were beset by inner turmoil the 'senior commanders' of the Greens steered the ship on a safe but successful course throughout the season. Without the team mates that I had around me, in no way would the winning of this award be possible.

Thank you all.
:)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah well done blokes, good attitude shown all season, unlike selfish Rose in that corner of the world...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Well done to the both of you, particularly Nathan Hoy, it's been a joy playing in the same team as you and I look forward to smashing you around the parks in America. ;)