• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muralitharan - Finger or Wrist Spinner?

What type of spinner is Murali?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If my memory serves correctly yours is the 8th comment of that nature in the last 6 years since I started posting on cricket forums...

Hope that provides some way of consolation... :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
No, they're not - given that "finger" and "wrist" are body-parts, and the genres are named after body parts.

Fingerspinners use virtually no wrist in their bowling (any more than they use their feet and knees by walking in), wristspinners use both to equal level.
It could be said that Rich loves bolding fragments of sentences, and is unafraid to do so at any time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Most 21 year olds are also convinced they know nearly everything.
Bull**** are they.

I've had this "he'll mellow as he grows older" nonsense ever since I was 15, and the fact that it still hasn't happened should tell you something.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bull**** are they.

I've had this "he'll mellow as he grows older" nonsense ever since I was 15, and the fact that it still hasn't happened should tell you something.
I assume that first sentence is a little mixed - and I stand by that comment.

I think the fact it hasn't happened yet should tell you more than it tells me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It tells me it ain't gonna.

And it should tell you the same thing, astonishingly enough...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Other explanations for what? The fact that it ain't gonna change? Or the fact that you think it will?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually I was thinking more of the fact that you're the one who's dragging just about every discussion off track and rapidly downhill.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bull**** am I.

My presence may contribute, but I am not close to being the instigator in the majority of cases... and even if I was, it would hardly matter.

200lkjhgfd

Cricket Spectator
murali uses his wrist!

murali is a wrist spinner no doubt about it. cause he is double jointed in wrist he can flick the ball out of his hand with alot of spin without bending his elbow so much!hes not a chucker!he bowls within the degrees of a spinner!so i dont see problem!my answer is that hes a wrist spinner:laugh: