• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MS Dhoni Retirement + Tribute Thread

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Ppl like Dhoni, Tendulkar, and Kohli are industries in themselves, with thousands depending on them for their livelihoods and big money behind the scenes pulling strings. I don't think they have much say in when they get to retire; the dates are probably inked in fine print somewhere inside their contracts.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
And when do you wake up to reality?
In what way? I guess you are unfamiliar with Dhoni and CSK scandal some years ago? You can look into it if you wish. There is also Dhoni's sports agency, which represents cricketers who get to play for India, so are players being selected because they are good enough to play for India, or because Dhoni needs them in the side? These are all intelligent and unbiased discussions which need to happen around a career that has, for almost 7 years if not more, been plagued by this, as per Indian journalists.

We can discuss it separately after you have researched it enough and are willing to have an open, honest and respectful discussion on the matter.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In what way? I guess you are unfamiliar with Dhoni and CSK scandal some years ago? You can look into it if you wish. There is also Dhoni's sports agency, which represents cricketers who get to play for India, so are players being selected because they are good enough to play for India, or because Dhoni needs them in the side? These are all intelligent and unbiased discussions which need to happen around a career that has, for almost 7 years if not more, been plagued by this, as per Indian journalists.

We can discuss it separately after you have researched it enough and are willing to have an open, honest and respectful discussion on the matter.
Dire. Go away*.

* **** off

Neptune

State Vice-Captain

Please, tell us.

indiaholic

International Captain
Never heard of these accusations before, a bit intrigued tbh
Basically the Rhiti Sports controversy. Dhoni was a stakeholder in a firm that managed Raina and a few other players. Clear conflict of interest if you ask me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Basically the Rhiti Sports controversy. Dhoni was a stakeholder in a firm that managed Raina and a few other players. Clear conflict of interest if you ask me.
So was Mark Mascerenhas and WorldTel managing Sachin. Indian sport, especialy cricket, has always been full of conflict of interest possibilities. Does not mean you assume someone is guilty with zero evidence though.

indiaholic

International Captain
So was Mark Mascerenhas and WorldTel managing Sachin. Indian sport, especialy cricket, has always been full of conflict of interest possibilities. Does not mean you assume someone is guilty with zero evidence though.
What was the conflict of interest with Worldtel?

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Never heard of these accusations before, a bit intrigued tbh
These aren't allegations. MS Dhoni was part of CSK and I believe represented on the board of the company which ran CSK at the time (a cement company). Don't quote me on all the details but it was a pretty dark period and for any cricket fan, a very interesting period to read into. Just ignore some of the angry Indian fans on the forum who will be trying to shout me down.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
These aren't allegations. MS Dhoni was part of CSK and I believe represented on the board of the company which ran CSK at the time (a cement company). Don't quote me on all the details but it was a pretty dark period and for any cricket fan, a very interesting period to read into. Just ignore some of the angry Indian fans on the forum who will be trying to shout me down.
Not everyone who responded to you is an Indian. Get better.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
MS Dhoni was part of CSK and I believe represented on the board of the company which ran CSK at the time (a cement company). Don't quote me on all the details but it was a pretty dark period and for any cricket fan, a very interesting period to read into.
Yeah, again, come back when you have facts. Until then, **** off.

Spark

Global Moderator
So just as a general FYI: there's a reason that we have a long-standing policy that retirement and tribute threads are not the place to be digging up old controversies, because this is inevitably the result.

No more about this topic, please.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly initiated the transformation for the Indian team and Dhoni took it to the next level while Kohli carries the torch right now in a similar vein. Quite similar to AB-Steve Waugh-Ponting in tests.

Dhoni was a great servant to the game and we at Chennai love him more than most for his IPL exploits as well. Looks like he will continue till 2022 for CSK, so looking forward to some fireworks.

Batting, captaincy, wicket-keeping - Excelled in everything. Salute!