• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MP Vaughan versus Sehwag ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How many of them are there then? Almost all lbws (caughts are always 100% conclusive except in extraordinarily exceptional circumstances - 1 in several hundred) are fairly obviously either out or not-out. If one gets given out that was marginal, fair enough. Similarly, if it's not-out then fair enough.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What about catches? As I said in my earlier post, the decision on a catch which is inconclusive is rarer than the astronaut in space.
And Indian bowlers were merely OK. You seemingly didn't watch the last series between Australia and India.

Anyway, your suggestion is ridiculous because you put little value on an innings after said chance was given. Not only that, you must also start counting wickets that umpires failed to give.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Indian bowlers were merely OK. You seemingly didn't watch the last series between Australia and India.
Yes I did.
Anyway, your suggestion is ridiculous because you put little value on an innings after said chance was given.
Nope. Just clearly less than runs scored when no chance has been given.
Not only that, you must also start counting wickets that umpires failed to give.
When have I ever not counted out decisions that were incorrectly given not-out? They're exactly the same as a dropped catch.