• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most lll treated players

Xuhaib

International Coach
Fawad Alam has to take the cake.

Scores 168 on test debut opening despite being a middle order batsman through his career finds himself out of the side 2 tests later never gets a chance again despite averaging 50+ for five seasons.

Gets dropped from odi side despite averaging 37 fights his way back takes his average to 48 has 2 bad games gets dropped again for Shafiq and Younis who unsurprisingly stinks up the joint. Asked to play a domestic tourney to prove his form and fitness before World cup guns it again and then misses out on world cup selection for Younis f'in Khan.

I will not blame him if he calls it quits.

Flem274*

123/5
Has Fawad Alam ever had disciplinary issues? Shag a selectors wife? Make weird comments in the pavillion? Stare in the changing sheds?

There has to be some reason behind the snubbing.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It has nothing to do with Karachi. There are 4 Karachi based cricketers in Pakistan WC squad.

Fawad is possibly one player who I have never seen whinge over his non selection just gets on with his cricket which is very unlike Pakistani behavior where from super stars such as Younis Khan and Afridi to mediocre failures like Faisal iqbal and Shoaib Malik all have a go at PCB when they are dropped from the side

Xuhaib

International Coach
The main argument selectors hold against Fawad is he does no look convincing while scoring the problem is you worry about batting aesthetics if you have batsman like Sachin or Ponting in your line up a mediocre batting side like Pakistan can't afford to drop players just because they don't look pretty at the crease.

slowfinger

International Debutant
He recently scored 90* from 58 deliveries and in same match Asad Shafiq got 98 from 101 balls but all comemntators said Asad Shafiq played outstanding knock and cemented his place for the WC

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Alam should have picked up a County deal and qualified for England or something.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't think there's any doubt it's Alam at the moment.

Indians will go on about Pankaj Singh but even he doesn't come close.

Lyon until recently was also treated pretty poorly.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Ajay Sharma. Given only one test, failed and was dropped. Ended up with 10000+ runs at 67 in FC. Harsh.

Marius

International Debutant
I don't rate him but Thami Tsolekile was treated poorly in 2012. He was put in the squad, got a national contract, and didn't even get one gig with the Proteas. If he's got a contract give the guy a damn game. Could also have given AB's back a rest in a couple of the less important ODIs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was treated very well I thought. Getting a contract for SA while being dire is quite an achievement.