• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moments(whether a ball, over or innings) in cricket nobody talks about that you love

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
im shocked to find curtley ambrose has a test fifty under his belt, i want to find it. his batting postion suggested he was better than walsh but they both looked equally ******** with the bat to me.... just too damn lanky
He won WI a test match against Australia with his batting with a little help from Lara

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Venkatesh Prasad getting Slater (?) in 99 in the first test match in Australia and doing a crazy celebration..poor guy got 5 wickets in the game, but got fined for that celebration. But it was a top celebration I must say..

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Shane bond steaming in to bowl in the 2009 Champion's Trophy final against Australia. Only time I've pulled a legit all nighter just for a cricket game. Was so pumped, there was a few overs where Bond was unplayable but just kept going past the outside edge. Vettori was injured so Patel came on where we needed someone to put the squeeze on and got absolutely taken to town by Watson.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amby could hit massive sixes though. Remember once he almost beat India in an ODI with a cameo.

Srinath's enormous six off I think Steve Waugh's bowling in that Titan Cup match vs Australia in 1996. The fact that nowhere on the Internet can I find highlights of that match is a travesty.
**** such a great match. Couldn't believe it. Was leaping off my chair. Srinath and Kumble got their **** together once every 5 years, it was like a pact.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I have some very fond memories of Srinath and Kumble batting together. They were such a good pair. Such awkward batsmen both. Such great characters.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Kemar Roach knocking over Shane Watson first ball of an ODI, possibly a Champions League match?

The combination of an insane delivery, with it being Watson and the 'awww that's not fair do I have to be out umpire' look on his face...I've watched that youtube clip more than a few times.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ian Bell's Test c&b
Crowd walking into the ground just to watch Afridi bat only to walk straight back out when Freddie removed him first ball

Both from the same series actually. Maybe even match.
On a similar note, I was in St Lucia for the World T20 game between Australia and the WI when the local hero Darren Sammy got out c&b to Steve Smith first ball.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of caught-and-bowleds, Mark Richardson's one and the ensuing celebration deserve a mention.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Kemar Roach knocking over Shane Watson first ball of an ODI, possibly a Champions League match?

The combination of an insane delivery, with it being Watson and the 'awww that's not fair do I have to be out umpire' look on his face...I've watched that youtube clip more than a few times.
Ah yes. One of those ones where you find the exact right starting point and just watch watson getting rekt over and over

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Favourite moments.. too many...I'll be coming back to this topic as I remember more.

McGrath to Razzaq at the Gabba in 2000. Pakistan chasing 280 plus, Razzaq comes in at number 3 and hammers 5 boundaries of a McGrath over...and just the look on McGrath's face..he had no clue what to do..always felt that he was quite a limited bowler in ODI cricket, in the sense that if anyone could make him go awry in his length, he didn't have a lot to fall back..and that's what happened that day..he tried everything, around the wicket, over the wicket, nothing worked..went for like 60 runs in 6 overs.

A very similar moment was during the 99 semi final when Klusener went after him.. After getting smashed, he tried a yorker, it was a hapless full toss and Klusener connected, and it went to long on, through Paul Reiffel's hands for a 6. Once again the look on McGrath's face.. cursing Reiffel for a dropped catch when he was bowling full tosses in the 49th over of the game
Pls

HeathDavisSpeed

My favourite moment that I suspect no one else thinks about was Martin Bicknell bowling to Jacques Rudolph. Two booming away swingers that Rudolph negotiates and thinks he's got Bicknell's measure. Then comes the inswinger and bowls him top of off. Can't find any coverage of it on You Tube.

Day 4 of the 2003 Test match at The Oval. Criminally, Bicknell's last Test when he'd played a key hand in winning it. Harmison leads the charge after Flintoff's fireworks | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

harsh.ag

How did Dravid not even crack a smile? Dude's a factory of focus.

On the other hand, maybe he was just upset because he was captain, and, well... the scorecard.

Gnske

HE MIGHT not be part of an Australian team any more � which must be an even harder pill to swallow this week given that a Test match is about to be played in his home town of Perth � but don't think that Damien Martyn still has any trouble making headlines in the local press. Pity he has had to do it this way, though. When Ricky Ponting and his boys awoke in Perth yesterday they did so to a report in The West Australian newspaper of an amazing incident that took place in a Perth hotel last Friday involving Martyn, his former fiancee Helen Appleyard and some of her girlfriends. Appleyard, who ended her three-year relationship with Martyn in 2003 after she allegedly found intimate text messages to another woman on his mobile phone, told the paper she was at the Subiaco Hotel and, spotting a former business colleague, she walked over to say hello and then, realising that Martyn was standing next to him, she said hello to him, too. According to Appleyard, Martyn responded by saying "f--- off, f--- off, you're a slut", and even though his friends tried to calm him, he then took aim at her girlfriends. Said Appleyard: "He started looking at all the girls that were with me, about half a dozen of us, and he said to one, 'You can f--- off, you're ugly', and said to another, 'You're all right, you can stay'. The worst was when he said to one girl, 'You can f--- off, you've got a fat arse' and she was absolutely devastated and went home because she was so upset."
Sporting life - Sport - theage.com.au

Not really a cricket moment but this still amazes me.

Last edited: