• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moments(whether a ball, over or innings) in cricket nobody talks about that you love

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbh the lady who went home upset has bigger things to worry about than Marto's behaviour

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
That's prick behaviour from Martyn. Don't find it funny at all.

Kind of expected him to be a different guy to that tbh. Realised I don't know much about his character.

Teeing off at all her friends isn't cool or funny imo. If you were out with female friends and a guy teed off like that at them for no reason you'd be pretty pissed off.

adub

International Captain
Don't know if it really qualifies for not talked about much, but maybe obscure enough.

Warne has the record for the most test runs without a 100. Him holing out on 99 at the WACA was a classic moment, made that bit extra spesh by the fact it was a massive no ball.

Great bowler, but more than a bit of a tool at times. So not getting a ton has a bit of poetic justice to it.

It was a super knock saving Australia from a dire situation of following on v NZ. From the attacking shots to the Richardson bow to the crowd to the massive Vettori no ball, to the fat kid in the Warnie is Grouse at Cricket shirt losing his ****, it had everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdgznz1tLnc
https://youtu.be/tAZiQp064X0

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Re. Marto; thats a sad story to hear, not funny at all.

As for the moment I remember that doesn't seem to be a big moment for many other people. It was about the early/mid 90's in an ODI and Craig McDermott breaking the stumps. I haven't been able to find the footage on YouTube but it's still in my mind as one of those moments that stood out as a kid

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don't know if it really qualifies for not talked about much, but maybe obscure enough.

Warne has the record for the most test runs without a 100. Him holing out on 99 at the WACA was a classic moment, made that bit extra spesh by the fact it was a massive no ball.

Great bowler, but more than a bit of a tool at times. So not getting a ton has a bit of poetic justice to it.

It was a super knock saving Australia from a dire situation of following on v NZ. From the attacking shots to the Richardson bow to the crowd to the massive Vettori no ball, to the fat kid in the Warnie is Grouse at Cricket shirt losing his ****, it had everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdgznz1tLnc
https://youtu.be/tAZiQp064X0
Hadn't seen that 'Warney Is Grouse' footage before; ****ing lol :laugh:

That was probably my favourite Test match ever. Had it all...except a result.

adub

International Captain
Lance Cairns going berserk with his shoulderless bat,

Rod Marsh snapping his whilst on a rampage,

Jim Higgs defying the odds and his worse than Chris Martin technique to see Doug Walters to his ton at the MCG.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Martyn story is not surprisingly in the least. Well known scoundrel and there's a similar incident in Tim Zoehrer's worldwide smash 'The Gloves Are Off'.

This post should not be taken as endorsement of absolutely anything else said by Zoehrer ever.

RossTaylorsBox

Re. Marto; thats a sad story to hear, not funny at all.

As for the moment I remember that doesn't seem to be a big moment for many other people. It was about the early/mid 90's in an ODI and Craig McDermott breaking the stumps. I haven't been able to find the footage on YouTube but it's still in my mind as one of those moments that stood out as a kid
Was it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arP5a2dse0U

I only remember because my dad taped the game to test the VCR.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Headingley 1977: David Hookes pushes the ball into the covers. There is a sniff of a quick single and Rick McCosker comes 3 steps down the pitch before aborting. He fails to make it back. Derek Randall is in quick as a flash and an underarm throw does the business. Randall's momentum sees him finish, in a dramatic pose, at the stumps.

Ian Botham hitting a six at The Oval in 1982 (I think off Dilip Doshi) which takes a slate off the roof of the old Tavern Stand. The ball was only just past its zenith when it hit. As big a hit as I have ever seen.

Merv Hughes batting against England at the end of the 1st Test in Australia 1986/87 series. Pretty sure that was the first day the BBC showed live coverage of a Test from overseas - there wasn't much play required but Big Merv floundering against John Emburey sticks in mt=y mind with a chuckle.

mr_mister

Oh, another random one that I doubt I'll ever be able to find again, was Allan Mullally hitting like 16 against Australia in the 98/99 series in the 4th test. It was the first time I'd ever seen a tailender 'hit out' and the barmy army were chanting his name and I remember thinking it was awesome because I had been conditioned to like, expect tailenders to always suck. I talk about this series waaaay too much on this site but it holds such a special place in my heart