• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Niall

International Coach
Freddie Wilde @fwildecricket · 43m 43 minutes ago
It is being reported that several #BBL teams are interested in signing Mohammad Amir for this season's BBL. #BBL05
16 retweets 16 favorites
Reply Retweet16 Favorite16

Athlai

Not Terrible
Freddie Wilde @fwildecricket · 43m 43 minutes ago
It is being reported that several #BBL teams are interested in signing Mohammad Amir for this season's BBL. #BBL05
16 retweets 16 favorites
Reply Retweet16 Favorite16
Good to see people are still willing to take a big step forward and put some money on the table for a player of his quality.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I was not overly impressed with the way he bowled I know 5 years is a long time without any competitive cricket but that jump the release with the wrist is just not there also he should have used his timeoff and got himself physically stronger rather then spend all his time buying those skin lightning creams.

Bouncer

State Regular
I was not overly impressed with the way he bowled I know 5 years is a long time without any competitive cricket but that jump the release with the wrist is just not there also he should have used his timeoff and got himself physically stronger rather then spend all his time buying those skin lightning creams.
Too early to be that critical. 5 years off is a long time. very long

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this was a very interesting read. lol at one of the really early posts saying he'd rather a murderer play for the team then Amir again because Amir's crime was 'against cricket'. Get real buddy.

Here's the common sense answer: he was a teenager who came up from some tiny ass village and has served a 5 year ban out of a 14-17 yearlong career during the prime of his youth. Everyone deserves a second chance, if he's good enough to grab it I say let him have another go. Let your personal bitterness against him fall to the wayside

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
this was a very interesting read. lol at one of the really early posts saying he'd rather a murderer play for the team then Amir again because Amir's crime was 'against cricket'. Get real buddy.

Here's the common sense answer: he was a teenager who came up from some tiny ass village and has served a 5 year ban out of a 14-17 yearlong career during the prime of his youth. Everyone deserves a second chance, if he's good enough to grab it I say let him have another go. Let your personal bitterness against him fall to the wayside
Ignorant stereotyping aside, he would've been fully aware of what he was doing when he did it. Should never be allowed back in the game if we're serious about stamping out corruption.

mr_mister

Love you too.
sorry I just thought it was OTT

and trust me a 5 year ban plus jail time is a pretty good deterrent. I know everyone wants to play big bad prison warden but the punishment has to fit the crime.

i hate to wonder how some of you blokes would do as lawmakers for non-sport related crimes. 10 years for shoplifting or some **** like that

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
sorry I just thought it was OTT

and trust me a 5 year ban plus jail time is a pretty good deterrent. I know everyone wants to play big bad prison warden but the punishment has to fit the crime.

i hate to wonder how some of you blokes would do as lawmakers for non-sport related crimes. 10 years for shoplifting or some **** like that
You've missed Cribbage's point, he's not got such misplaced priorities as to argue for more jail time for **** he doesn't like. He's trying to compartmentalise - if your crime is anti-cricket, your punishment should be no cricket.

I don't particularly agree but it's not lunacy.*

*You have to have him on Facebook for that.

mr_mister

i wouldn't be surprised if money swapped hands to get the sentence reduced to 5 years in the first place lol

jokes aside im glad the ban is lifted. big believer in second chances, i've had a few in my lifetime. that is all

Flem274*

123/5
So do we chop his hand off for delivering the offending ball or chop his foot for overstepping and confirming the act?

But seriously a life ban for match fixing isn't OTT. He can have a second chance doing something else.

Lawyers, doctors, teachers etc all get punted for the equivalent dishonesty for personal gain. So should cricketers.

mr_mister

spot fixing not match fixing. still just as selfish but hes not fixing results of the match

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There's a middle ground between completely ending his professional cricket career and showing complete mercy.

I believe they've struck that here.