• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Amir dropped for two-Test series against Australia

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's been on a little bit of an upswing when it comes to his test form over the last year or do hasn't he? Haven't checked the stats.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I remember him being held up as the next Wasim pre ban. His stats were damn solid
He didn't though - he had good stats, it was more a case of "holy **** he's young - he's going to absolutely rule if he's already performing at this level".

The glimpses were enough to get everyone salivating.

Unfortunately it all went **** up.

Flem274*

123/5
when your fans are spinning the so many unlucky drops yarn you're screwed. you're gonna get dropped. dropped like a catch.

Burgey

Disappointed people are ignoring the big issue here, which rightly gets raised in every thread: would he make the Australian side?

Discuss.

Burgey

Just you wait and see. The Marsh brothers have a lot of potential. I expect them to develop into world class players

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Disappointed people are ignoring the big issue here, which rightly gets raised in every thread: would he make the Australian side?

Discuss.
David Warner and Steve Smith would have loved him. Those with integrity probably would not have cared for him though.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Mr_mister and sledger: Maybe just poor English from slippy, but how exactly was spot fixing "off field antics"? It was very clearly on the field!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well i mean the money swapped hands off-field. What else would he be referring to anyway?

morgieb

He's been on a little bit of an upswing when it comes to his test form over the last year or do hasn't he? Haven't checked the stats.
Yeah he did pretty well in the England/Ireland series. Though still overshadowed by not Asif and IIRC didn't really have a gamebreaking spell.

Put it this way - I'd be pretty happy with this news as an Australian if this was a tour to Australia. Whether he'd be first choice in the UAE is another question, though I'm surprised he's viewed as worse as some of the bowlers they picked. We'll see though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It's strange. Watching him gives the impression that he's still the best quick in Pakistan. The numbers just don't back this up though so fair enough.
Yeah, this. Hasn't actually done anything but still looks like one hell of a bowler.

morgieb

Yeah, this. Hasn't actually done anything but still looks like one hell of a bowler.
I think Amir's bowling is unlucky in both ways (i.e. actually unlucky in terms of drops, and "unlucky" in the sense of looking good but bowling a bit too short to get edges). That has to hurt a bit.

But yeah, he looks great but his record just doesn't support this. Needs to look at what Abbas is doing, as he's clearly a more talented bowler but Abbas is the one that's getting results.