• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Amir dropped for two-Test series against Australia

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Junaid gets his due, finally!

Edit: He doesn't, actually. WTF? Is Wahab better than him?

Last edited:

Starfighter

He's 26. Not like dropping a 34 year old.

He averages 56.4 in the UAE. He's gone wicketless five ODIs in a row and averages 100.7 since the CC, including three matches against Zimbabwe and one against Hong Kong.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally. FINALLY. Has been subpar for some time now. Surviving off reputation. Junaid being overlooked bites though.

trundler

Even before he got banned he was merely okay with glimpses of brilliance. Since his return he has taken less than 3 wickets per test. Had to be dropped.

slippy888

International Captain
I cant see him suddenly come back from this set back and become a new bowler, he was always a steady type bowler since his come back.

trundler

I don't think any new player should be burdened with that sorry of praise/expectation that early on. Shame things went the way they did with him.

Starfighter

I remember him being held up as the next Wasim pre ban. His stats were damn solid
He averaged 29. Great for an eighteen year old I suppose, but hardly special. Wasim did better in a similar number of matches, though played fewer tests really young.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
He has had a **** load of catches dropped though - but I think a lot players need to be dropped from their side at one point in their careers, time away to re-evaluate and change certain aspects of their game. I expect him to come back in a year or less, it's a weak Pakistan bowling attack/team

Daemon

It's strange. Watching him gives the impression that he's still the best quick in Pakistan. The numbers just don't back this up though so fair enough.

fredfertang

Needs a season of County Championship cricket - give him a Dukes ball and green English wickets in April, May and September and he'll be as happy as ***** and Burgey in a restaurant together