• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Men's football competition

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
I think we have a great chance in the Olympics, Moore at the back and Cahill making late runs into the box should make a world of difference.

Argentina
Italy
Portugal
Paraguay
Greece
Ghana
Mali
Australia
Morocco
Tunisia
Mexico
Serbia & Montenegro
Japan
Korea Rep
Costa Rica
Iraq

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Argentina and Portugal are stand outs, i hope we go well at least and put up a good fight...

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
I think we have a great chance in the Olympics, Moore at the back and Cahill making late runs into the box should make a world of difference.
And Moore's chance to impress and get himself a new club and in the process tell Alex McLeish to go f**k himself.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Everton, Aston Villa or some other mid table club.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
McLeish is acting 100% properly here IMO - Moore chose to go at his own request - so a cash-strapped club don't need him.

Craig

World Traveller
Yet it is not ok for a manager to have a go at country for calling up its own players?

Simon

hopefully craig gets a new club soon, hes too good to be sitting the reserves for a team like Rangers, id like to see him in the premiership for sure...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Craig shouldn't have any problems at all getting a club after he wins a gold with the Aussies in Athens. Villa would be a good Club for him imo.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Yet it is not ok for a manager to have a go at country for calling up its own players?
There's a difference between a player who is qualified to play (as in an U23) and one who puts his hand up and publicly states he wants to play when he would be an overage.

Moore is showing no regard for the club that pay his wages in his actions, and when the club is in such financial trouble, that is wrong.

Simon

theres more to it that this one off instance of Moore wanting to play in the olympics...

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
There's a difference between a player who is qualified to play (as in an U23) and one who puts his hand up and publicly states he wants to play when he would be an overage.

Moore is showing no regard for the club that pay his wages in his actions, and when the club is in such financial trouble, that is wrong.
So had Brazil made it, and Ronaldo had mentioned interest at playing at the Olympics as an overage player, there shouldn't/wouldn't be a problem by Real Madrid then?

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
Craig shouldn't have any problems at all getting a club after he wins a gold with the Aussies in Athens. Villa would be a good Club for him imo.
Villa would be ideal as they have top flight status almost secure (they are too good to go down IMO).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
So had Brazil made it, and Ronaldo had mentioned interest at playing at the Olympics as an overage player, there shouldn't/wouldn't be a problem by Real Madrid then?
Are Real Madrid brassic? 8-)

He'll only go to a poor Premier side, and Villa are far too good for him.

Simon

Australia started with a 1-1 draw with Tunisia overnight, a decent result, but we were hoping for better. Argentina beat Serbia 6-0.

Our Women lost to Brazil 1-0, no shame there...

Craig

World Traveller
I'm just annoyed they didn't show it.

Are channel 7 showing the football or SBS? Ch 7's coverage of football in Australia is a joke.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
He'll only go to a poor Premier side, and Villa are far too good for him.
So then why have been/are they linked with him?

But I forgot, if you play in Scotland you are hopeless (being sarcastic).

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Craig said:
I'm just annoyed they didn't show it.

Are channel 7 showing the football or SBS? Ch 7's coverage of football in Australia is a joke.
8.30 Ch.7 :happy: (both the men and the ladies)