• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall spurns NZC contract

Fiery

Banned
No, in saying "No brainer for the NZC" you implied that they would actually realise that it was the only decision to make. My inclusion of "should" was stating that they wouldn't necessarily see Wright as the obvious choice.
ah, ok

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know, it wasn't really lazyness, and more his own personal philosophy. He believed the practice pitches in New Zealand were so shocking, that they were detrimental to his technique. And it can't have been that bad because he was in pretty good form for the first year and a half of his career.
I don't really care too much if it is his personal philosophy or not, he was an average player that had potential to be a very good Test batsman but didn't put in the hard work when he was struggling for runs in an attempt to get his career back on track. That is what I was getting at, not the fact that he preferred throw downs, but more he was unwilling to have some intense net sessions to lift his game. The excuse that practice pitches in New Zealand weren't in good enough condition is a crock of ****, because they haven't stopped guys like Fleming, Astle and Styris all working hard and succeeding.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Party at Heath's house tonight. Everyone's invited...

Except for that ****ing useless, **** for brains, talentless waste of ****ing space in what should be a talent filled middle order, professional fielding, curly haired wasterel, sputum filled, whoring what small talent he has piece of ****e.

Now, if only James will follow him into obscurity.

Those two are the most undeserving wankers ever to be in the New Zealand team.

Hamish can go to hell.

Oh... and Bracewell's a **** and he's not invited either.
Haha. Saj, Afridi and Skull in one post.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm with Perm and Heath here, he could have been good (in fact very very good) but didn't want to have a net session. A few intense net sessions and he would have been sorted. On the Wright issue, he could have a big impact. You know why? What is one of our biggest problems? up, opening partnerships. Whats Wrght? An opener. If he were to improve that feild alone then we would win alot more games.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Oh well, at least if James Marshall ever plays for the Blackcaps again we won't have to think was it Hamish or was it James who just took that catch.