• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Perm on Steyn and PEWS on McCullum earlier this thread made me grin.

-Tim McIntosh to remain in the side for at least two more years
I will take this bet. I hope you win it though because it means NZ will have a strong opener. I reckon that How or so forth could challenge him.

-
- Ben Hilfenhaus to be test cricket's leading wicket taker from 2011 - 2013
And this one. I reckon Zaheer/Steyn will beat him and the Pakistanis if they beat the ban. I do think he is a very good bowler though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Prince, Cook only needs about 430 runs without getting out and he'll be averaging as much as Smith or he could score 2543 and get out 42 times so an average of 60.55 to be level after 145 outs.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will take this bet. I hope you win it though because it means NZ will have a strong opener. I reckon that How or so forth could challenge him.

And this one. I reckon Zaheer/Steyn will beat him and the Pakistanis if they beat the ban. I do think he is a very good bowler though.
Steyn, probably. Zaheer's too injury prone and Asif/Aamer won't play enough (can't see them beating the ban) though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Virat Kohli to be the best batsman in the world by the time he is 25.

Pakistan to have a very solid top 6 by 2015 with all 6 batsman averaging above 40

Aamer to return to test cricket after 5 yr ban and redeem himself with a good 10 year career.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey Prince, Cook only needs about 430 runs without getting out and he'll be averaging as much as Smith or he could score 2543 and get out 42 times so an average of 60.55 to be level after 145 outs.
He plays half his Tests in conditions that really don't suit him though. If Australia could borrow him he'd probably get there but I don't see him averaging 60 odd in England with this technique.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd like to make a long-term bet.

I believe that in 2020, Prince EWS will still be a ****.

If I win, I get to pick your avatar for 40 years, if you win then you get a signed picture of Richard from Prince EWS.

Any takers?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He plays half his Tests in conditions that really don't suit him though. If Australia could borrow him he'd probably get there but I don't see him averaging 60 odd in England with this technique.
The bet should include standardized averages with the venues taken into consideration :p

gwo

U19 Debutant
I'd like to make a long-term bet.

I believe that in 2020, Prince EWS will still be a ****.

If I win, I get to pick your avatar for 40 years, if you win then you get a signed picture of Richard from Prince EWS.

Any takers?

I get to personalise the message? If so, I'm taking this bet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Will get there by the end of the 3rd Test IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll put this one.

I've been of the opinion for a while that Ricky Ponting will not catch Sachin Tendulkar in a total tally of test runs.

Wish there was this 3 years ago, because I remember a few people (Marc in particular, who is no longer around) saying that when Sachin was going through his trough, he would never catch Lara.

I also believe Kallis will eventually take the mantle, but am less confident to 'bet' on that.
We're on.

Disregarding the minnow scores, I believe Ponting will overtake Sachin. SJS and Jono think otherwise.
Even after taking away minnows (including Zimbabwe), which is stupid for aggregate runs anyway, you're still a long way behind buddy.

Sachin (minus Zimbabwe and Bangladesh) 12775 runs
Ponting (minus Zimbabwe and Bangladesh) 11783 runs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll put this one.

I've been of the opinion for a while that Ricky Ponting will not catch Sachin Tendulkar in a total tally of test runs.

Wish there was this 3 years ago, because I remember a few people (Marc in particular, who is no longer around) saying that when Sachin was going through his trough, he would never catch Lara.

I also believe Kallis will eventually take the mantle, but am less confident to 'bet' on that.
Sachin & Kallis WAGs! Continue to back this baby up. :cool: