• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Hope it is permanent - Chappel dumped by Nine

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
well I'd love to see Chappel and Healy go, the 2 Ians are the most boring.

With Chappel being a technician, sure, but he says the most obvious things that all of us can see. We know cricket yet he continues to point out the most basic litle things, and that gets on my nerves/

But yeah, Kerry O'Keefe is a legend aint he? Except for the time when John Howard was guest commentator on ABC and O'keefe *choc nosed* him by caliing Howard a techinacally perfect off spinner.

That was lame

Cloete

International Captain
Lol I love the way they say he was dorpped form the Channel 9 commentary team. It reminds me so much of teh 12th Man... Ironically he's dropped for what Billy Birmingham used to pay him out on lol.

Cloete

International Captain
Jono said:
I don't think Billy Lawry is biased really. He just gets excited. I remember the 2nd Sydney final between Australia and India, he was the only one that said India are in the game half way through Australia's innings. I love Billy Lawry, his "bowled him" tops everything :cool:

That being said, I don't see what the fuss about Mark Nicholas is. I quite like him.
haha...

Bowled Him! Sharne Warne... **** Off! :p

Ahh... The Final Dig is brilliant! :lol:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Take Mark Nicholas. Keep Mark Nicholas. Please.
Indeed, he's a typical example of image over substance. Just because he looks good (compared to others anyway) on camera and occasionally sounds like he's intelligent with his salesman-like waffle it appears he's showing up everywhere. They guy is so cringeworthy whenever they have those on-field features like when they're showing Lara bat or someone take slip catches (maybe they only have those on channel 4). I say get someone who actually did something in his career or has something about them instead of stereotypical old boy network toffs like him that automatically seem to get promoted to TV (for those in Britain it's utterly ridiculous how many people on TV are from the same clique of schools/colleges/universities).

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Cloete said:
haha...

Bowled Him! Sharne Warne... **** Off! :p

Ahh... The Final Dig is brilliant! :lol:
Got him yes p*ss of your out!

L-L-Lovely bowling there by Shane Warne. He s a Victorian born and bred that man. Hes a God and many people worship him, not just Victorians, but people from all over the world, I do too! Hes a diety, a living legend. Some say his poo is actually pure white and has no smell whatsoever! And I can believe it! :laugh:

Cloete

International Captain
KennyD said:
Got him yes p*ss of your out!

L-L-Lovely bowling there by Shane Warne. He s a Victorian born and bred that man. Hes a God and many people worship him, not just Victorians, but people from all over the world, I do too! Hes a diety, a living legend. Some say his poo is actually pure white and has no smell whatsoever! And I can believe it! :laugh:
haha yeah..

Oh Shane Warne! I love him, I wanna boof him, get him up here!

When some big kiwi ***** hits a four from a snick thats Parore... how true :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
You guys can keep Nicholas... I nearly choked on my Ryvita when I heard him on channel 9..

At the moment, im getting Kerry O keefe withdrawal symptoms... Is there anywhere i can hear him on the net?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Dump Tony Greig - he is very inaccurate, biased and wrong most of the time. Plus he is always plugging his memrobilia crap.

Langeveldt

Soutie
12th man is absoutely killa!!!

"Lets take a loook at some of these cracks heeer, some of theese are as wooide as thee f*cking grend ken-yin, and with these quicker baahlers like Geofferey Lawson and Doubledeck Abbas, well if they were able to whip in a couple quicker deliveries we could see some real coor-neege heer tuh-day..."

Craig

World Traveller
Personally I don't see anything with Nicohlas. You Poms whinge :tongue:

If they are going to replace anybody on the 9 team, I nominate Michael Slater. Does he still commentate over in England or not?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Personally I don't see anything with Nicohlas. You Poms whinge :tongue:

If they are going to replace anybody on the 9 team, I nominate Michael Slater. Does he still commentate over in England or not?
I don't think Slater is part of the nine team, I know he's on Foxtel, but pretty sure he doesn't commentate for Channel 9, thank God!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
At the moment he's commentating in India.