• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets add one less know fact about cricket

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
You need some extra qualifications, on the sixes/runs record, otherwise it's presumably Brandon Mavuta (9 runs: 1 six, 1 two, 1 single).

Last edited:

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shahid Afridi is the only Test cricketer to obtain a 5-fer in his 1st Test (5/52 vs Aus) and a century in his 2nd Test (141 vs India)
Someone correct me if this has changed
No, it was Om Kendall who managed to get 5 wickets in his 1st test match.

Attachments

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gavaskar captured only 1 wkt in ODI's and only 1 wkt in Tests

In both instances it was that of the renowned Zaheer Abbas for 48 in ODI and 96 in Test
Such a nice piece of information that most of us are unaware of.
Thanks for sharing the video too about it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The current record for highest ODI score without having passed 50 in any other innings is 179 by John Campbell, though he has a good chance of playing more matches.

Reminded of this because I was just watching highlights of the match with the previous record, Dave Callaghan's 169* against NZ in 1994. He may still hold it if Campbell plays more.

tony p

First Class Debutant
KL Rahul, is I think the only player to have scored a hundred in his maiden innings as an opener in both ODIs & Test Cricket

Victor Ian

International Coach
Good thing Stewart wasn't born early. Curiously, how much would he have averaged if he was born on the 9th.

Victor Ian

International Coach
If he was born on the 9th is actually 44.21
To pass 50 average - 11th 53.56
To do a Smith - 13th 62.91
To better Bradman 21st 100.29