• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets add one less know fact about cricket

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I think Trent Boult has the highest score by a batsman to score all the runs in a partnership in a test, with 38 in conjunction with Ajaz Patel (0) vs India in Wellington last year.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Freddie Stocks of Notts in 1946, had the unusual double of making a century on debut and taking a wicket with his first ball he bowled, but they were in different matches, infact over 6 weeks apart.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
There was a poster here on cricket web who had a habit of writing weird poems. His poem on Ricky Ponting is really famous. There is a rumour that he is back and is the OP of this thread.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Martyn Moxon is one of only a few (single figures I think) to have a highest Test score of 99. Early in his innings he scored three that the umpire inexplicably signalled as Leg Byes.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
David Lloyd (aka Bumble) scored just 1 Test 50+. It was the highest (214*) amongst those who only scored 1 Test 50.
He also scored just 1 ODI 50+ and it too was the highest (116*)amongst those who only scored 1 ODI 50.
(unless things have changed)

1616080872134.png

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asad Shafiq has played the most consecutive tests for Pakistan. Alistair Cook, Allan Border, Sunil Gavaskar, AB De Villiers, Mahela Jayawardene, Brendan McCullum and Gary Sobers hold that record for their respective teams.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely it's the only sport in the world where the active participants can spend the first couple of days of the event doing nothing but sitting on a balcony eating sandwiches.
I've always marvelled at that - not many sports where you can actively put on weight when you're in the act of playing it. There might be others but I'm certain none have the ability to do so like cricket does.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
David Lloyd (aka Bumble) scored just 1 Test 50+. It was the highest (214*) amongst those who only scored 1 Test 50.
He also scored just 1 ODI 50+ and it too was the highest (116*)amongst those who only scored 1 ODI 50.
(unless things have changed)

View attachment 27779
This is the best kind of utterly useless info. Shot.