• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leicester City - Premier League Champions 2015/16

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cricket equivalent would be Bangladesh winning a 5-match Test series at Australia.
I think Bangers winning a series in Australia is more likely than 5000-1. They technically only need to win 1 game to win a series.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just incredible. Without a doubt the least likely thing to have happened in sporting history. The equivalent would have to be an associate somehow winning the World Cup. Even then there's enough knockout games to allow miracles to happen. To do it over 38 rounds is incredible.

vcs

Ranieri's been at Napoli, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Valencia, Juve, Roma and Inter without winning a league, and finally won one at Leicester. :laugh: Sort of like Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon in 2001.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
25th April 2015 - Leicester get out of the bottom 3 for the first time in the season.
2nd May 2016 - Leicester win the Premier League title.
I am not a football watcher; but when I heard that they had only just made it out of relegation zone in the previous season, and I kept hearing how they would not stay at the top for long etc etc... so it sounds like an absolute win for them. I`m sure they have many more fans now than they did. Congratulations to them, I hope they manage to pull it off again next season so everybody knows it was not some fluke.

It's a big victory for Quantum physics as well I reckon......
Further confirmation is always good... maybe Leicester winning should be mentioned in the science thread as well!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen Montpellier and Deportivo La Coruna win league titles in my lifetime as well but this is remarkable too. So happy for them.

flibbertyjibber

Love the stat that Man United have spent more on transfers in the last 2 years than Leicester have in their entire history.

ajdude

International Coach
i don't watch much football but i actually did watch the match last season where leicester city came back from 3-1 down against manchester united and won 5-3 and since then i've taken a vague interest in how they've been going. so yeah good **** leicester

Daemon

Apparently you could've gotten odds of 1000-1 for Kim Kardashian becoming the next President. It's the longest odds on an event to ever payoff, excluding multis. Crazy.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wish I had seen a bit more of the English football this season. The Leicester win is historic and fantastic. Well, whatever.