• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

left hand XI vs right hand XI

Craig

World Traveller
roseboy64 said:
I think there's a case for Headley in the RHXI for B Richards.
I would agree.

IMO George Headley is the West Indies greatest ever batsman.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting you'd say that because I had a quick look at PwC (which takes into account standard of bowler etc) and Headley did have a peak touching 900, towards the end of his career, and before and after that point it wasn't as good.

Compare that to Lara who has a similar peak score, but has actually attained that sort of peak on 5 different occasions.

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
cant belive u all missing out hadlee D:!
dont see the need to have both lillee and hadlee....
if you're looking at hadlee for botham then i dont think hadlee is good enough a batsman to bat at 6 in a all time XI

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fred Trueman?

One of t'greatest Fast Bowlers of all-time?

I tell you lad, ee weren't a bad bowler.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
imranrabb said:
Who is Fred Trueman and Hobbs.Why the hell is Bradman in everyones list in the 1950s he was facing bowlers who bowl like bangladesh and if he was facing todays bowlers his average wouldnt be 99.9 but 9.99.Sachin Tendulkar are much better then Hobbs and Trueman.Waqar Younis is much better then Trueman
You, sir, have very little clue about the history of the sport

Time to dust off the sign, methinks.

twctopcat

International Regular
imranrabb said:
Who is Fred Trueman and Hobbs.Why the hell is Bradman in everyones list in the 1950s he was facing bowlers who bowl like bangladesh and if he was facing todays bowlers his average wouldnt be 99.9 but 9.99.Sachin Tendulkar are much better then Hobbs and Trueman.Waqar Younis is much better then Trueman
Wow, truly wow. I think we have a winner for the funniest post ever. I hope there is a good excuse for this one ( prefererably something to do with a frontal lobotomy).

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Richard Hadlee?

How is it possible for Richard Hadlee to not appear in such lists?

He took 431 wickets in 86 tests at 22.29, and had a batting average of 27.16.

He was rated the second best bowler of all time. He also had a legitimate bowling action and didn't play crap sides like Zimbabwe or Banglabesh to boost his average.

He was the best seam bowler of all time!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The conditions in Headley's time were different than now in Lara's time.I said for Barry Richards.I'm sure Headley was much better than him.He was rated just below the Don in that era.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Imran Rabb for someone so old you seem to have no sense of cricket history.I think senility may be a factor.If so then you and luckyeddie should join up.Oh wait.......on second thought I think that would be a catastrophe.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
That's stretching it more than a little...
In what way?

He had to lead their attack for the majority of his career and never had the support somebody like Lillee had or people like Holding had.

Martin Snedden, Lance Cairns and Ewen Charfield I guess were decent cricketers in their own right, but not excatly world beaters.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
imranrabb said:
I was born in 1947 young man i know everything
And I thought that I was CricketWeb's senile ignoramus, but I gladly hand over my crown.

You outrank me by a mere six years in dribbling, but your centuries worth of ignorance and ridiculous heresy make you a worthy candidate for keeping old Torquemada's stake upright. Now where did I leave my matches?