• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Ball Six, Who Do You Turn To?

FRAZ

International Captain
Burgey said:
Asif Mushtaba (spelling?) hit Steve Waugh for a last ball 6 to win a ODI in Hobart in, I think 1989-90.
Nope It was after the 92 WC and I guess 1993 it was and I am quite sure !

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Pieterson it is.

Okay this is the scenario so far...

Pieterson on strike currently at 94, and needs a six off this last ball.

Bowling? Who do you turn to?

P.S. please stop answering the last question cause Pieterson has been decided.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Burgey said:
Asif Mushtaba (spelling?) hit Steve Waugh for a last ball 6 to win a ODI in Hobart in, I think 1989-90.
FRAZ said:
Nope It was after the 92 WC and I guess 1993 it was and I am quite sure !
Needed 7 to win (17 off the last over) and hit a 6 (16 of the over) to tie the game.

Pakistan and Asif didnt win the game. Still a great effort but not quite as dramatic as Taylor's walk off 6 to win.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Kabir Ali. :D

SA needed 3 of 6 balls with 5 wickets remaining.

They scored 2 and lost 3 wickets and the game was tied.

FRAZ

International Captain
Goughy said:
Needed 7 to win (17 off the last over) and hit a 6 (16 of the over) to tie the game.

Pakistan and Asif didnt win the game. Still a great effort but not quite as dramatic as Taylor's walk off 6 to win.
Yeah I remember it was a tied match ,but superb batting by Rashid Latif in that match and how bad it was of Steve to give a full toss !

shortpitched713

International Captain
Imran was good too. India needed something like 3 from the last six balls, and Imran steers them home. Theres a youtube video on that over but cbf to find it.

Bouncer

State Regular
It will be Razaaq for me!
He to me hits ball more consistency than anybody else, even better than Pietersen, Symonds and Afridi.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Bouncer said:
It will be Razaaq for me!
He to me hits ball more consistency than anybody else, even better than Pietersen, Symonds and Afridi.
Batter has already been decided, right now we're deciding the bowler to bowl to him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Turbinator said:
Batter has already been decided, right now we're deciding the bowler to bowl to him.
You can't just change the thread midway through. People may want to continue to debate the batsman selection. Start a new thread for the bowler selection if you think it so desperately needs 100% attention.

Natman20

International Debutant
Chris Martin would be the ultimate person in this sort of pressure situation. His ability to almost put bat on the ball is uncanny. I would love to see him in this situation because he would probably be the better than the likes of Pieterson and Afridi and Dhoni combined at missing the ball.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Batsman - Javed Miandad
Bowler - Chetan Sharma

You just can beat this one.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
For the batsman :

- All time : Sobers
- Current : Gilchrist/Pietersen

For bowler :

- All time : Joel Garner
- Current : Harmison .He will never be hit for a six since he will finish the match with six consecutive wides. :D

Seriously its not a great field with Mcgrath having slowed down enough to make him vulnerable too. I might go for Asif or Bracken.