• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kumble announces ODI retirement

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Powar > Harbhajan in the longer game? :blink:

Sure, Chawla might be good one day but he's 18 years old at the moment. Kumble should have a good couple of years in him but a good proper "Indian" pitch requires 2 spinners. Kumble and Harbhajan have hardly been the worse twosome.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd play Powar over Harbhajan. Well, I'd probably play you over Harbhajan, but ignoring that, I do think Powar is probably already better. Chawla has a chance, but he still has 2-4 more years to go before being a serious contender.

adharcric

International Coach
Richard said:
Powar > Harbhajan in the longer game? :blink:
In the past three seasons, he has 95 wickets from 20 first-class matches @ 24 apiece in the domestic circuit. Certainly arguable.
Richard said:
Sure, Chawla might be good one day but he's 18 years old at the moment. Kumble should have a good couple of years in him but a good proper "Indian" pitch requires 2 spinners. Kumble and Harbhajan have hardly been the worse twosome.
Indeed. Unlike SS, I rate Bhajji rather highly. Chawla-Bhajji might be the pair two years from now, while Powar doesn't seem likely to get a break for some reason.

Last edited:

Hamilton B

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A lot of India's problems could be solved by just using the kookaburra from one end in all domestic games. There has been talk of this in some quarters for many months, nothing seems to come off it .

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Why not pick Pragyan Ojha, the young left arm wrist spinner over both Harby and Powar in tests ?

A good wristie will always be more effective than a good finger spinner, as my learned friend Richard "First Chance" Dickinson continuously points out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Note the "good" part, though.

Is this lad seriously that good (yet)?

And you might remember I've also pointed-out that a good fingerspinner will be far more effective than a poor wristspinner on a spin-friendly surface.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cricinfo says he's left arm slow. Cricket Archive says he's left arm orthodox.

And having faced him, he's left arm orthodox.

Salamuddin

International Debutant

Google Search for Pragyan Ojha and chinaman....there are are quite a few references to him as a chinaman bowler.

Salamuddin

International Debutant

Oh yeah Jack....I forgot, you guys got out to him and Chawla in that u-19 game in Delhi yeah.....:)

I could be mistaken about him being chinaman....I haven't seen him but as I said, there are lots of references about him as a chinaman.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh yeah Jack....I forgot, you guys got out to him and Chawla in that u-19 game in Delhi yeah.....:)

I could be mistaken about him being chinaman....I haven't seen him but as I said, there are lots of references about him as a chinaman.
Given Jack has faced him, I'd back his judgement over any of your references, TBPH...