• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kumble announces ODI retirement

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The man averages 18.36 in Tests won by India. He has won more tests for India than our entire illustrious batting line up combined. Add to the fact that he is finally doing better overseas, and he is bowling as good as ever in Tests. I would say he probably has two years left, I think.

And I find it interesting that all these reports of senior players being unhappy or being generally egomaniacs bastards, generally exclude him.

He should have been given a chance to captain India a long time ago.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep. Was amazed Dravid got the job ahead of him.

BTW - there's a reason he's won more matches than the brilliant batting-line-ups. Bowlers win matches, not batsmen. :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yep. Was amazed Dravid got the job ahead of him.

BTW - there's a reason he's won more matches than the brilliant batting-line-ups. Bowlers win matches, not batsmen. :p
Oh, agreed. But a lot of people in India don't realize it. Perhaps pup doesn't either. And he's been our only bowler that's been capable of doing it too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Those 2 are, of course, unrelated... :mellow:
No, actually, they aren't. I hate him so much that he probably can't do anything right in my eyes. I admit my bias. :laugh:

He's as subpar spinner who'll never be consistently good in Test cricket. His attitude sucks, he chucks his doosra and generally is a whiny little sissy with a false bravado that just rubs me the wrong way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:blink:

I can think of very few bowlers I'd prefer on a spin-receptive surface.

And TBH, I couldn't give a flying **** about whether or not he chucks his Doosra.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Get something done with his fingers, then, TBH.

And out of interest - how often has he bowled on turners with a Kookaburra?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well there's only one thing that can be done... get his fingers more visceral and less slippery.

adharcric

International Coach
No, actually, they aren't. I hate him so much that he probably can't do anything right in my eyes. I admit my bias. :laugh:

He's as subpar spinner who'll never be consistently good in Test cricket. His attitude sucks, he chucks his doosra and generally is a whiny little sissy with a false bravado that just rubs me the wrong way.
Uhh yeah.