• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kumar Sangakkara vs Allan Border

Who was the greater test batsmen?

• Kumar Sangakkara

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Allan Border

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That said, Sanga is one of my favourite players. I rate him up there with Tendulkar & De Silva as blokes from the SC who didn't crap themselves when it bounced above waist height. Dravid too.
Second this. I watched every ball of his 192 in Hobart, great knock. So much better than players like Jayawardene or Samaraweera who were useless outside of Asia

Shady Slim

International Coach
sanga is an all time great (unequivocal) and also the best batsman his nation has produced and wouldn't look out of place in any team in any era

except somehow the hobart hurricanes in the bbl a few years back

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sanga is an all time great (unequivocal) and also the best batsman his nation has produced and wouldn't look out of place in any team in any era

Yeah that was weird. Then right after that he went to England and averaged 100 in the County Championship. BBL just didn't work for him

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain

He looked good in purple though.