• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kuldeep yadav vs Brad Hogg

Who is better ODI bowler?

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably the two best chinamen going (gone) around in ODIs. Who is better?

Hogg 156 @ 26.8, SR 35.5, ER 4.5
Yadav 104 @ 26.2, SR 30.6 Er 5.1

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yadav's effectiveness has dropped significantly. He needs to regain form to be in considered in running.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hogg. What he did in the 2003 world cup was incredible. Taking over from Warne at short notice and making it look like he'd been there all along was something very few players could accomplish.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Hogg was very good. If Kuldeep had continued for the rest of his career like how he did in the first half, he would have been the best chinaman of all time. But not sure if he will regain that form again.
I know the opening post is on ODIs. Still, Kuldeep did well and is still in contention for tests while Brad Hogg could hardly get a game. So Kuldeep wins easily in the real format.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Snake Tongue has a world cup to his name so I suppose that is the main difference.

The economy/strike rate swapping is a good indicator of the difference between ODIs 15 years ago and now

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brad Hogg was one of the best ODI players I've seen. Very underrated, great fielder and handy batter too.

Haven't seen enough of Kuldeep to make a proper comparison but it would be very hard to surpass Hogg.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought he bowled extremely well in World Cup 2007, where the conditions suited him better.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Yeah, Hogg was very good. If Kuldeep had continued for the rest of his career like how he did in the first half, he would have been the best chinaman of all time. But not sure if he will regain that form again.
Not convinced he would have been any better than Johnny Wardle if he had continued the form of his first half first the rest of his career, but I guess we are comparing apples with oranges as Kuldeep is primarily a limited overs bowler and Wardle played before the one day era.

Last edited: