• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli the saviour of Test cricket ....

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a well-written article and he sounds like a Kohli fanboy (understandably!) but the premise is kinda shaky. Kohli or BCCI don't have any special agenda or obligation to save Test cricket single-handedly, it needs to be a collective effort.

In general, I really like Rob Smyth's writing and he does love the sport. I remember following the Ashes in 2005 and 2006-07 through the Guardian over-by-over updates and they used to be very good.

Burgey

Beat thing Kohli ever did for test cricket was the hilarity of his series against Australia last year. Comedy gold.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Am I the only one who thinks international cricketers by and large still value test cricket more than shorter formats? There have been many Indian cricketers at least who have expressed this. Yuvraj said it's his big regret that he couldn't make it big in tests. Bumrah said playing tests was the ultimate dream before he made test debut. If indeed test cricket is purest cricket who knows it better than professional cricketers.

Burgey

Yeah I think that’s right, generally speaking. Dean Jones, as an example, says he’d swap every ODI he played for just one more test.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deano wouldn't have said that were the test to be scheduled in Chennai #GotThereBeforeBurgey

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Am I the only one who thinks international cricketers by and large still value test cricket more than shorter formats? There have been many Indian cricketers at least who have expressed this. Yuvraj said it's his big regret that he couldn't make it big in tests. Bumrah said playing tests was the ultimate dream before he made test debut. If indeed test cricket is purest cricket who knows it better than professional cricketers.
Some do, some don't. I think most want to play ''all three formats'' but England's one-day set-up for instance is full of one-day jokers. Nice to see Joffra Archer making all the right sounds about red ball cricket.

Burgey

Is Archer a To and From? Fmd I spent the whole ****ing bbl watching and thinking he was a great prospect for West Indies.

Burgey

“Whole bbl” obviously not including post-match interviews, in which I’d have no doubt heard he’s English.

SillyCowCorner1

I don't get it.

Kohli is a batsman.

For him to save test, he needs someone to bowl at him.
Bowlers are what make test cricket great.

Daemon

No he has a clear West Indian accent IIRC

He's not English, he just moved there recently
Typical England, stealing cricketers from nations that desperately need them.

They used to steal land and natural resources, these days it's human capital.

TheJediBrah

Typical England, stealing cricketers from nations that desperately need them.

They used to steal land and natural resources, these days it's human capital.
Have you spent much time in England? It's not surprising they need to steal things. Horrid place.

I used to think it was just a meme that they are all ugly, but just spend some time there and you'll see it's not. The less said about the food the better. Weather not even worth mentioning.

For some reason they just have a lot of money in the cricket scene, and they can offer overseas players generous amounts to go over there

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Test or FC cricket is still the only "real" cricket AFAIC. It's real life, and the ebbs and flows of test cricket are what make cricket so great.

The rest are ok to watch but are just pissy games in comparison.