• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kippax's Firebirds and Wellington Club Cricket Thread

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Today's game concluded their internal T20 series for the summer. Final stats:

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
These are the games from which Firebirds is picking their players. I was wondering why did they go for Fraser Colson instead of in form Nick Greenwood but Colson has been among runs too.

nzfan

The spinners accounted for Conway and Allen. Perhaps that's the way most of the teams should have gone. Open with a spinner.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a tall bowler by any means, but they seem to be getting quite interested in Adam Leonard (24yo), just purely for pace-floozying reasons rather than great stats. Greenwood didn't like his short balls too much throughout this series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks like a mix of pre-injury James Anderson and Gerard Denton, action wise. I can't imagine that's a good thing for his back or side in any way.

jcas0167

International Debutant
The spinners accounted for Conway and Allen. Perhaps that's the way most of the teams should have gone. Open with a spinner.
Canterbury successfully did that, opening with McConchie against Allen and Conway.

nzfan

Not a tall bowler by any means, but they seem to be getting quite interested in Adam Leonard (24yo), just purely for pace-floozying reasons rather than great stats. Greenwood didn't like his short balls too much throughout this series.

These don't look crichq clips or are they?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kieran McComb getting a fair go with the ball for Wellington A. Good to see a few Taita lads in the mix when they've had/having one of Taita's best ever seasons.

nzfan

Was seeing club scores... taita v johnsonville finals at basin. Stoked to see Ravindra's name for HDCC some quick runs batting and couple of wickets bowling. Taita took the win though by one wicket. Ravindra back for good? Hope so.

Immenso

Was seeing club scores... taita v johnsonville finals at basin. Stoked to see Ravindra's name for HDCC some quick runs batting and couple of wickets bowling. Taita took the win though by one wicket. Ravindra back for good? Hope so.
Has he had his operation?

I recall article (or maybe it was you?) saying he's out for season, or if he can't get operation soonish he may play some cricket towards end of season and then get operation.

nzfan

No idea... there's no way he could have had an op and be back playing already. From experience minimum 6-9 months for a shoulder op and recovery. I have a colleague who plays Black Sticks had similar issue and it took him like close to a year to get a date for an op. I heard from the boys he was definitely out for the season and pending op. If he's playing it's safe to assume he has overcome the injury with rehab and not needing an op? There's no way NZC would allow a player to take the field if he's not fit enough. I don't think it's up to the players. They have guidelines to follow when coming back from injuries as for as I know.