• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson averages 30 in these arbitrarily selected countries

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It’s possible his 5’8” listing is an actual measurement, but for me he consistently looks a shade taller than that compared to other players.

This puts him in the range of about 1 inch shorter than the average male. Root is 2-3 inches taller than average, making him the outlier or ‘freak’ of the two.
OK but these aren't the measurements I was looking for

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not even joking that is actually pretty ordinary from KW. I'm surprised.
I know right. If he played for one of the big nations people would make a lot more of it.

Clearly a great in home conditions but they play a pretty big proportion of their Tests against weaker nations.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
another reason to despise england. only side to steal and carry on like they won a final despite achieving an umpire assisted tie.
That was pretty dire. I get that the team (and the fans) want to celebrate a World Cup "win" but I would have expected a bit more of an embarassed sort of celebration given, 1) didn't even win, it was a tie and, 2) they only got to a tie because of umpire error.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On further inspection things look even worse for Kane.

He averages 41 against SA, England, Australia and India. Respectable for sure but nothing special, away from home he averages just 34 against them, not very good at all. Joe Root averages 49 against Australia, India, NZ and SA and 48 against them away from home.

Here is the thing though, Root has played 65 of his 100 matches against those teams, Williamson has played just 41 out of his 82 against them. So the question really is, who plays the spam Tests?

Flem274*

123/5
i could debate this properly but instead i'll just go chop off the parts of kanes career i don't like to boost his average before giving nzc a call to line up the windies and india in nz for 8 tests.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
another reason to despise england. only side to steal and carry on like they won a final despite achieving an umpire assisted tie.
It doesn't matter how you word it. England won the World Cup and that my friend is a fact