• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What an emotional roller coaster ride 2016 has been already

Started off with me teaming up with a poster I dislike (tjb) trying to break down a stubborn honestbharani who was making no sense at all in the ICC rankings thread. Was baffled at first but then gave up and found it funny when apparently word for word full conversations that were all directly replied to was deemed as quoting out of context.

Yesterday night there was a gathering where we held a secret santa (late I know) and potluck. For the potluck I was one of the few that was supposed to buy drinks so I got a bottle of Glenlivet. We ended up not drinking it so I brought it home and effectively got away with contributing nothing to the potluck. Win. Also received a portable speaker for my phone for secret santa. Double win.

Today morning I woke up late and couldn't make it to a lunch that some old friends I didn't really care about had organised. Win.

This afternoon I read this thread and it was funny as hell for a while before I realised that Pratters is probably the most stubborn man on the planet. Then I just felt sad.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sure Daemon... take shots after things are done.. Classy :)

Dont wanna reignite the debate again but it is perfectly clear where it was out of context to people reading the thread. You quoted a conversation that was hypothetical and used it to claim I said something I never did. You are welcome to have a laugh about facts though...

Last edited:

Daemon

You should, reckon the product looks quite promising

Apart from the degree of elbow flex, it also measures arm speed, and what it calls arm twist and arm force. Arm twist is a measurement of the rotation in a spinner's forearm as they deliver; the latter is a measure of the effort a bowler puts in, in Newtons. These readings can provide valuable data on the levels of fatigue for the bowlers, their effectiveness for different variations, and insights on subtle changes in their actions across a spell or a match.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Couldn't get past the first paragraph, specifically the implication that the term "chucking" is somehow "politically incorrect"

what a world we live in
Lies. You Ctrl+F 'd and searched for 'Protractor' and closed it when you didn't find the word.

Burgey

I look forward to this new device effectively eradicating all but one off spinner from cricket.