• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jesse Ryder set to quit NZ for England

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It certainly does seem that way as I seem to recall that Sinclair was looking at continuing his career in South Africa a few years back.
That was last year when he was worried about not getting a central contract. Threatened to go to South Africa and surprise, surprise he got a contract.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say that losing Jesse will be a big blow to NZ for the next ten years. He's the best batsman I've seen in New Zealand in a long time. His reaction is **** though, I mean what a tosser. You have to work your way into the international frame through hard work as much as skill. Coaches throughout New Zealand look for mental application as much as for skills, and if you don't have the mental toughness to keep yourself fit and fight for your place in the side, **** off to some other country where the attitude is EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME, JESSE! What country in their right mind would want to have such a disruptive influence in their dressing room. Sort your life out, stop binge drinking and fight for your place in the NZ team. Jesse, I want to see you in black in the next year.

And by the way, that IS Jesse on facebook. Iain O'Brien lives in Pet-one and Jesse's been added by Iain.

Also by the way, if you are ever in Petone. Go into Speights Ale House. A former New Zealand and Otago cricketer works behind the bar. Plus you might see Heath there.

HeathDavisSpeed

It more about match fitness really. If your fit enough to get through a 4 Day match, your fit enough to play a Test Match. The guy plays for Wellington as an all rounder, i can't see how his not match fit. Considering he would likely play for NZ as batsmen, not an all rounder. He would play as batting all rounder at most.
You try telling that to John 'stubborn as old boots" Bracewell. He'd rather see the talentless but hard working Hamish in the team than Jesse.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That was last year when he was worried about not getting a central contract. Threatened to go to South Africa and surprise, surprise he got a contract.

I'm gonna buck the trend and say that losing Jesse will be a big blow to NZ for the next ten years. He's the best batsman I've seen in New Zealand in a long time. His reaction is **** though, I mean what a tosser. You have to work your way into the international frame through hard work as much as skill. Coaches throughout New Zealand look for mental application as much as for skills, and if you don't have the mental toughness to keep yourself fit and fight for your place in the side, **** off to some other country where the attitude is EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME, JESSE! What country in their right mind would want to have such a disruptive influence in their dressing room. Sort your life out, stop binge drinking and fight for your place in the NZ team. Jesse, I want to see you in black in the next year.

And by the way, that IS Jesse on facebook. Iain O'Brien lives in Pet-one and Jesse's been added by Iain.

Also by the way, if you are ever in Petone. Go into Speights Ale House. A former New Zealand and Otago cricketer works behind the bar. Plus you might see Heath there.
Oh there's no doubt he's a massive loss to New Zealand Cricket. He has the potential to be a much better batsman than Ross Taylor, or for that matter, just about anyone who's ever played for New Zealand. Real shame.

HeathDavisSpeed

Some great rants in this thread.
I think he just needs to come over my house and I'll tell him what happened to me and my career and how it can be over oh-so-quickly. If that doesn't sort him out, I'll glass him cos that'll demonstrate what alcohol can do to you.

Craig

World Traveller
Would love to see an eat-off between Jesse Ryder, Shane Warne, Inzaman ul-Haq, and Dwayne Lovelock with Matt Hayden and Glenn McGrath as the cooks.

Would be priceless IMO.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Immodest, self-obsessed and a tosser.

If this guy has an ounce of talent he sounds like he will be a success.

Has just the mentality and self-belief required to succeed at the highest level. When noone else rates you, its important to always rate yourself. Otherwise you will disappear.

Let him come over and give England a try. May not be the same quality player but he sounds like another egotistical player that noone wanted but kept believing in himself and got a double hundred recently. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Immodest, self-obsessed and a tosser.

If this guy has an ounce of talent he sounds like he will be a success.

Has just the mentality and self-belief required to succeed at the highest level. When noone else rates you, its important to always rate yourself. Otherwise you will disappear.

Let him come over and give England a try. May not be the same quality player but he sounds like another egotistical player that noone wanted but kept believing in himself and got a double hundred recently. :)
My thoughts exactly, TBH. Nice guys finish last in international sport.

HeathDavisSpeed

Not always true, Mike Hussey and Andrew Flintoff for example both seem like top blokes IMO.

Hussey comes across like he's got aspergers and Flintoff's had a run in with a printing press? Not sure they'd be the ideal role model for my kids thank-you-very-much. :p

jammay123

State 12th Man
ryder shouldnt bother coming to england if he cant get into the black caps team what chance does he have getting ino england very strong batting line up with good players waiting in the wings. he is probably saying this just before the contracts come out coz he thinks this will scare the nz board into giving him one.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
ryder shouldnt bother coming to england if he cant get into the black caps team what chance does he have getting ino england very strong batting line up with good players waiting in the wings. he is probably saying this just before the contracts come out coz he thinks this will scare the nz board into giving him one.
As I mentioned above, what chance did KP have of doing what he did when he couldnt get a game for Natal and when he did it was as a spinner batting 8 or 9?

Let him come and have a go to prove himself in England. Just 'cause he cant make the black caps side doesnt mean he doesnt have a chance of flourishing in England.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I can't fathom out this guy. Unlike KP, he's got a secure place in his country's domestic cricket and isn't the victim of a quota system. I imagine he'll get a slot in a county (there are enough desperate ones out there) but he'll have to do four years in county cricket before he can play for us. Surely if he was any good he'd get a place in NZ's team before he would qualify for England. I mean its not as if NZ are overloaded with batting talent the way Australia are. I will say that if he has got a weight problem he should be gald that D Fletcher isn't our coach anymore because Mr Afzzal and Mr Ormond will tell you what happened to you under Fletcher if you turned up overweight. I suspect he just wants easy money in county cricket and he might do well there (like Craig Spearman did) but I'll be amazed if he plays for England.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Not always true, Mike Hussey and Andrew Flintoff for example both seem like top blokes IMO.
There's a difference between being a nice bloke and being too afraid of harming your chances to stick up for yourself when you're hard done by.

It also matters a lot less when you're insanely talented, because you rarely find yourself in situations where you're being criticised or overlooked.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
There's a difference between being a nice bloke and being too afraid of harming your chances to stick up for yourself when you're hard done by.

It also matters a lot less when you're insanely talented, because you rarely find yourself in situations where you're being criticised or overlooked.
He's not hard done by - he's a ****ing spoilt brat. Spoiled with plenty of talent, and having a whinge about not making the side. Wake up Jesse - you're not in the side because of your attitude. You could average over 60 but if you're a **** and not contributing to the team dynamic then noone will want you in their national side where team play is the most important aspect.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't think Ryder's been hard done-by at all. One ton last season according to a story I read in the paper this morning - no reason for a call-up.

And I think making himself unavailable for NZ A is ridiculous. It should be considered a privilege to get the opportunity to play for that side.