• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jacques Kallis vs Imran Khan

Better cricketer ?

• Kallis

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Imran

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean, he acquitted himself pretty well the rest of the era...

View attachment 33002

btw, as often with Imran stats, I did not realise just how amazing it was until statsguru'ng.
Yep, the thing with Imran's batting is his stats are always great on statsguru and yet no one really remembers his batting. Tells you all you need to know why its laughable that he will make the top 6 of "every other team" of the era.

ataraxia

International Coach
Imran would make most sides in the 80s as a pure bat at no.6 IMO.
Yep, the thing with Imran's batting is his stats are always great on statsguru and yet no one really remembers his batting. Tells you all you need to know why its laughable that he will make the top 6 of "every other team" of the era.
hmm

If Imran averages 10 less, he still makes most 80s sides surely - that's accounting for a massive discrepancy.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
hmm

If Imran averages 10 less, he still makes most 80s sides surely - that's accounting for a massive discrepancy.
Let me put it this way, his batting stats are like Kallis' bowling stats. And the discrepancy of the 80s Pak home unpiring should be considered quite heavily. Its very interesting how much of it is put to discredit Miandad and yet Imran gets a free pass for it?

ataraxia

International Coach
And the discrepancy of the 80s Pak home umpiring should be considered quite heavily.
>is literally better away than at home

1663571641814.png

He's really good, isn't he.
Let me put it this way, his batting stats are like Kallis' bowling stats.
This is what I thought when I voted (for Imran, marginally, on the basis of primaries), but they're probs slightly better.

subshakerz

International Coach
I am sure 1 year of international cricket in that era was enough evidence he was a better batsman than the top 6 of every other team.
The point is that he was already considered good enough to play solo as a bat. Pretty much every side in that era, WI aside, had an Imran level or worse batsman in their top six.

subshakerz

International Coach
Because even though he was consistent he didn't have a lot of high scoring knocks as he batted 6/7 and his own style of play wasn't the most eye catching like Botham and Kapil.

subshakerz

International Coach
You really can look at those stats and say he wasn't good enough to make the top 6, knowing how weak some of those other middle orders were?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Did Kallis ever play purely as a bowler?
Inane stupid question, that continues to confirm you extreme bias on this subject... why would Kallis ever play just as a bowler. The fact you can sometimes bat when you can't bowl does not imply that when injured you can bowl and not bat!

How about asking this question, when the main bowlers for SA got injured did Kallis ever open the bowling and do well?

Jayro

U19 12th Man
I mean, he acquitted himself pretty well the rest of the era...

View attachment 33002

btw, as often with Imran stats, I did not realise just how amazing it was until statsguru'ng.
Many matches comparatively few runs - good average --- just like Ravindra Jadeja these days ---- what average has Jadeja been sustaining in last few years ---- how do you rate Jadeja as a Batsman? How does he fair in comparison with rest of the top batsmen in world reading his batting average alone?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
>is literally better away than at home

View attachment 33004

He's really good, isn't he.

This is what I thought when I voted (for Imran, marginally, on the basis of primaries), but they're probs slightly better.
Just like to draw everyone’s attention to TOTAB’s numbers away from home across nearly 50 tests during that decade.

62 with the bat, 34 with the ball.

The white Sobers

subshakerz

International Coach
Inane stupid question, that continues to confirm you extreme bias on this subject... why would Kallis ever play just as a bowler. The fact you can sometimes bat when you can't bowl does not imply that when injured you can bowl and not bat!

How about asking this question, when the main bowlers for SA got injured did Kallis ever open the bowling and do well?
Sorry meant to say would Kallis have been able to be selected as a bowler assuming he couldn't bat

Victor Ian

International Coach
A major fact being ignored is that Imran actually won matches.
hey? Kallis won matches. He probably won more than Imran. And they both got man of the match awards at the rate of 1 in 8 (kallis slightly better). This comment is purely subjective. How can you tell who won the match. If the other bowlers did not take any wickets, Imran would have won none of those matches. If the other batsmen did not make any runs he would have own of those games.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
Many matches comparatively few runs - good average --- just like Ravindra Jadeja these days ---- what average has Jadeja been sustaining in last few years ---- how do you rate Jadeja as a Batsman? How does he fair in comparison with rest of the top batsmen in world reading his batting average alone?
I don’t understand this line of questioning. Jadeja is the best bat in the world so…