• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jacques Kallis vs Allan Border

Who was the greater test batsman?

• Jacques Kallis

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Allan Border

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's too harsh but it does show that Border being so highly rated is a CW quirk.
This is definitely not true, at least not in Australia

edit: I mean the Burgey factor is real, but it's not like everyone outside of CW thinks Border was ****

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, he's even below Johnson and Swann. That's too harsh but it does show that Border being so highly rated is a CW quirk. Steve Waugh missed out entirely when he's the best Australian batsman in England in the last 30 years. :crazy:
it really isn’t a CW quirk at all. It’s probably a quirk of people who saw him play and the wreckage he had to carry along with him.

Chappell didn’t like Border because, one, he was an establishment bloke and secondly because he loved Simmo, who Chappell hates.

His hatred of Waugh peculiarly stems from the fact Waugh didn’t play the hook shot. I **** you not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
His hatred of Waugh peculiarly stems from the fact Waugh didn’t play the hook shot. I **** you not.
Yeah this is 100% true. The fact that not playing it worked just made him even more salty about it.

Everyone: Chappelli you could average 50 if you just put the hook away
Chappelli: One does not simply put the hook away
Tugger:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah this is 100% true. The fact that not playing it worked just made him even more salty about it.

Everyone: Chappelli you could average 50 if you just put the hook away
Chappelli: One does not simply put the hook away
Tugger:
Actually I'll add that the fact that batting probably made Chappelli rate him less as well. He even rates blokes who batted 4 less.

Last edited: