• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hiw convenient that it includes a series where Kohli did badly in England. It's as if it's been deliberately picked to emphasise a point.
It excludes his 2nd best series, the one in SA. Average goes up to 50 then.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's use this since it shows kohli in a much more favorable light :

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

This is since after that England series. Compares well with the other 3 and averages slightly more than Root, with 1 more hundred despite 10 fewer matches. Kohli better than Root confirmed.
Off topic (kind of), Steve Smith's record in that period you chose is fairly ridiculous. 10 tons and 11 fifties. That's freakish.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The way I look at it Warney wants years of IPL coaching and/or commentating work. Of course he is going to pick Kohli in the side and as captain (especially ahead of a Kiwi). Shano knows which side of his bread is buttered.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Our opinions. Because anything and everything in this thread, and most others, is opinions. If you were born in Nagpur, yours would be different to being born in a silage hut in ND. It's just how life is.

There's no point banging the keyboard over and over with the same point, living in hope you'll shift people's opinions. Funny thing about the internet that, there's almost zero % success rate of someone going 'mmm, actually after the 10+ posts, name calling and sarcasm, I actually see where you're going with that, and my viewpoint has now shifted to yours'. Yet people all over the internet try it on varying platforms every minute of every day.
Best post on any internet forum ever. Should be at the top banner on every forum.

Howe_zat

Audio File
There's no point banging the keyboard over and over with the same point, living in hope you'll shift people's opinions. Funny thing about the internet that, there's almost zero % success rate of someone going 'mmm, actually after the 10+ posts, name calling and sarcasm, I actually see where you're going with that, and my viewpoint has now shifted to yours'. Yet people all over the internet try it on varying platforms every minute of every day.
I don't think people do try and shift the opinion of the other, the aim is usually to convince everyone else and start bigging you up against the weirdo.

Adgey

School Boy/Girl Captain
The order of these four when they are done will be either kohli>root>williamson>smith or root>kohli>williamson>smith

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok enough. Kohli vs KW vs Smith vs Root is creeping up in so many threads now. I have been asking for this for a long time now. CC needs it's comparison threads back.
Give us our licensed whorehouse. We need an actual thread like the Lara vs Tendulkar vs Ponting ones. This will be the great thread of this era.
Let's expose the flat track bullies and minnow bashers. Someone do the honours. Howsie you wanna start Kohli vs KW?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, not just KW vs Kohli. it will piss off howsie more if you do all 4 at once in one comparison thread because it will mean Kohli is in the argument of the best if the 4 and he'll be cranky.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok enough. Kohli vs KW vs Smith vs Root is creeping up in so many threads now. I have been asking for this for a long time now. CC needs it's comparison threads back.
Give us our licenses whorehouse. We need an actual thread like the Lara vs Tendulkar vs Ponting ones. This will be the great thread of this era.
Let's expose the flat track bullies and minnow bashers. Someone do the honours. Howsie you wanna start Kohli vs KW?
Nah, not just KW vs Kohli. it will piss off howsie more if you do all 4 at once in one comparison thread because it will mean Kohli is in the argument of the best if the 4 and he'll be cranky.
It's on the front page ****s.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Our opinions. Because anything and everything in this thread, and most others, is opinions. If you were born in Nagpur, yours would be different to being born in a silage hut in ND. It's just how life is.

bro, you will shut the forum down with common sense posts like that.. :laugh: