• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......

Howsie

International Captain
I'll admit that Virat hasn't had an extended golden period in Tests like the other three though
But how dare I create this thread practically stating the same thing though right

The fact of the matter is that Kohli hasn't managed to achieve the same level of dominant run scoring in test cricket that the big three have managed to do, and yet he's rated right up there with them (and a lot of the time above them) Would I be surprised if down the track he managed to do so, nope. But so far he hasn't and I'm calling him out on it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its more like why not just enjoy that we have young batsmen the quality of KW, Twatty Smith, Root and Kohli all together at once. Kohli being rated in that group despite him not averaging as much because he was poop in his first couple of series is such a random thing to be negative about.
Smith and Williamson were **** early on too. Since these guys all got over their early struggles, Kohli has been less good than the others. Howsie is over-reacting because he loves Williamson but somewhere in there he has a point I think. I definitely think Kohli has the ability to be as good as the others but if we're basing it on what they've actually done -- and I don't just mean their career averages or their averages in the last 18 months or whatever other statistical measure people want to use -- he's done less so far and realistically shouldn't be picked ahead of them.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith and Williamson were **** early on too. Since these guys all got over their early struggles, Kohli has been less good than the others. Howsie is over-reacting because he loves Williamson but somewhere in there he has a point I think. I definitely think Kohli has the ability to be as good as the others but if we're basing it on what they've actually done -- and I don't just mean their career averages or their averages in the last 18 months or whatever other statistical measure people want to use -- he's done less so far and realistically shouldn't be picked ahead of them.
Nail on head.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I really do not see anyone suggesting otherwise in this thread, or maybe I am getting a different drift to what you have been from these posts. Its just that Starc or Broad over Steyn is so much more laughably silly in this era's world XI than Kohli over KW...

Zinzan

Mathews has always slipped under the radar though, so not so surprising that one.

OverratedSanity

I really do not see anyone suggesting otherwise in this thread, or maybe I am getting a different drift to what you have been from these posts. Its just that Starc or Broad over Steyn is so much more laughably silly in this era's world XI than Kohli over KW...
Yup, no one even disagreed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good. Its still not something to give a **** about so much that "you're done with it".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But how dare I create this thread practically stating the same thing though right

The fact of the matter is that Kohli hasn't managed to achieve the same level of dominant run scoring in test cricket that the big three have managed to do, and yet he's rated right up there with them (and a lot of the time above them) Would I be surprised if down the track he managed to do so, nope. But so far he hasn't and I'm calling him out on it.
:laugh:

It is not your point that people are disputing. Its the over the top way you are making it.

DriveClub

International Regular
Kiwis need to operate their shoulders, too many chips, they're not the only small country to be ignored. Any XI will be a big three XI, time to get used to it. Hail big three!!! Make cricket great again!!!

Zinzan

Kiwis need to operate their shoulders, too many chips
Lol there is actually some truth to this portion of your post, but the 2nd sentence cost you a like.

I must confess, it always gives me the ****s how insecure the NZ mainstream media tend to be about how we're perceived by the rest of the world & how infatuated they are with any praise that comes our way. I suppose it's a natural consequence of being a small country physically isolated from the rest of the world, so I get it, but it's always seem a bit pathetic nonetheless.

Howsie

International Captain
:laugh:

It is not your point that people are disputing. Its the over the top way you are making it.
It's not over the top, he's insanely overrated in test cricket. He's closer to Darren Bravo than he is to any of the big three, as I said though you wouldn't believe it with the way he's talked about.

Flem274*

123/5
how insecure the NZ mainstream media tend to be about how we're perceived by the rest of the world & how infatuated they are with any praise that comes our way. I suppose it's a natural consequence of being a small country physically isolated from the rest of the world, so I get it, but it's always seem a bit pathetic nonetheless.
bro you're one of the worst at this on cw

Zinzan

bro you're one of the worst at this on cw
Aww, stop being sensitive Flem, we're pleased to see you back after your 3 month sulk. It's 100% true, our media have always been desperate to cling on to and repeat to death anything positive said about us overseas, it's weird you'd even dispute it. As I say, not untypical of a small remote country.

Zinzan

lol slow down aye. you might even catch the point.
Lol, The only point is my statement was true, sections of our media have called themselves out on this very point over the years. Why take it so much to heart? Seriously... lol, It doesn't make NZ bad champ, it's okay.,.really.