• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ashes threat could see Kevin Pietersen go from outcast to messiah

At the top there has also been this crucial change. Clarke has moved to international pastures as the ECB's first president, leaving Graves in charge of the domestic game. Clarke is a patrician, genially disposed to all who recognise him as top dog: in other words, similar to Pietersen.

Like poles repulse, and repulse they did, especially after Clarke presented Pietersen with a silver cap to mark his 100th England Test match - emblazoned with the name of 'Pieterson'.

:laugh:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
no one in the middle order is deserving of being dropped right now.

i just don't see it happening.
tbf that's what the article was saying. There isn't a spot, but there may be one two tests into the Ashes if Australia are dominating. All speculation of course.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cook's quote about KP is strong, very strong. In fact the whole interview with him was great. First time I've seen him take no prisoners. Morgan copped an indirect serve too.

England were wrong to sack me - Alastair Cook | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

EDIT: seems that his quote regarding KP has been removed from the article. Weird.

Okay found it in this CA article:

But Cook all but ruled out supporting the push for Pietersen's return, saying the right-hander's explosive autobiography last year had opened wounds that could not be easily healed. "I think it's very unlikely," Cook said when asked about Pietersen returning. "There's been a hell of a lot of stuff happened with his book and all that kind of stuff. It's a long way back from that."

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/alas...n-exit-kevin-pietersen-england-odi/2015-03-19

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've been busy supping but pretty sure I heard those words from Cook on sky sports news tonight

So **** off Pietersen

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think he's off to a great start - England needs someone who's going to make their own decisions and not worry about the "company line".

The fact that Cook of all people is attacking the selectors in the way that he did suggests Whitaker hasn't long left in my opinion. If you didn't hear Whitaker's recent interview - it's definitely worth listening to!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, have to give credit where it's due.

Could've very easily gone on saying he'd like a recall and not actually done anything that's likely to bring it about.

As a noted currency fan, given he's nixed $250k to play for Surrey, one might imagine he's heard something from someone. If the quotes attribued to Graves are correct one could conceivably believe his people may've reached out to Pietersen's.

Report I read in today's Independent alluded to the new chairman not being very impressed with either Downton or Moores (this speaks well of him as a judge of character) and, as a bluff, self-made Yorkshire millionaire one imagines he gets what he wants more often than not. If they're on the outers with the new boss a couple of the larger obstacles are removed and the liklihood or a recall moves from "Satan using skis to commute" to "Scotsman buying a round".

Ashtomar

Cricket Spectator
Pratters, all of your comments in this the thread have been so far off the mark it's not funny.............but this one takes the cake. Clearly you can't or don't differentiate between test and one day cricket with these players.

Even though I don't for a second believe that KP is this great asset discarded and the answer to all of English cricket problems, lets just assume for a second that he is. As a passionate English supporter I can tell you hand on heart that I would rather lose without him than win with him.

We don't want him back mate.
I had to register just to respond to this! What an idiotic post!! What is with some England fans? Can you tell me what he did that warrented the sacking? What has he done to make you have such extreme (and frankly stupid) views that you would rather see England lose? Anyone would think he had killed someone judging by the hysterical reaction from some of you.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Pietersen isn't King Arthur, he's 30 odd with a dodgy knee and for all intents and purposes had a year out of the game last year to boot.

In the 2013 series against the Aussies he was hardly that impressive both in England and Australia, the stupid post in this discussion is your own, which seems to imply that KP is some kind of cricketing god and with him we will most certainly win; news flash for you, we lost with him when he atleast had some long form cricket behind him to back him up.

Ashtomar

Cricket Spectator
Pietersen isn't King Arthur, he's 30 odd with a dodgy knee and for all intents and purposes had a year out of the game last year to boot.

In the 2013 series against the Aussies he was hardly that impressive both in England and Australia, the stupid post in this discussion is your own, which seems to imply that KP is some kind of cricketing god and with him we will most certainly win; news flash for you, we lost with him when he atleast had some long form cricket behind him to back him up.
My post doesn't imply that at all. Please enlighten me where any part of my post implies 1) he is a cricketing god and 2) where he plays we will win, as anyone who can read English can clearly see it does neither. What I did say was that it was idiotic to want England to lose rather than to have him play and they win. I stand by that point, it is ridiculous.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Welcome Ashtomar:) think most of the arguments have been made in this thread, maybe you will find the answer to why some would object to his recall, rather than have the argument repeated yet again.

In the end he's proven me a bit wrong by committing to the Championship, but I don't see how going back to him is the right thing to do in Tests, or with the next WC 4 years away, ODI's.

Oddly wouldn't object too much in T20. I doubt most of the people he's fallen out with will be involved in that, and he's certainly our best player in that form.

Niall

International Coach
KP is a ****, but props where it is due, suplex city bitch.

Graham Gooch - you captained a rebel tour of SA, got banned & then returned to the England team. I don't think I've done anything as bad!