• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Apologies

**** posting by me

Some reason I thought Ryder was averaging in the mid to high twenties in test cricket, obviously not as good as Kp,but yeah defo not a zillion miles away from him in quality.

Sorry Flem.
Nah that's his average in county cricket.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why should he? It's important people speak now rather than regret later.

I applaud Ian Bell on speaking up. Its ludicrous what's happening with KP.
It does no good. Makes it seem like the team are divided over the issue and means the matter of KP damages team harmony whether he's there or not, etc.

I have some sympathy for Bell. He has to be careful with his words and doesn't want to sound like he's saying KP doesn't deserve to get back in, that would lose him friends and make it awkward if he ever does get back. However, with the way the media runs with it, saying he "insists KP should get a chance" it just doesn't no good. You're better off just not saying anything.

Gob

International Coach
personally find kp not being trustworthy excuse to be far more tolerable than the kp not being good enough to find a place in the line up excuse. Cook doesn't have an opening partner so Balance could be a makeshift opener so you can push Root or Bell to 3 to make room for kp to bat @ 4 or you could just go in with 4 bowlers with Moeen being one of them.England got a decent line up but some make it sound like Ponting,Tendulkar and Lara bat from 3 to 5 and its immovable for the moment. Dont rate Balance anyway he has done well against lesser quality attacks but with his technique he will struggle against the added pace of Johnson and Harris imo. Not that its a reason to drop him but the point is that there are more than one way to fit kp in if they wanted to.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apologies

**** posting by me

Some reason I thought Ryder was averaging in the mid to high twenties in test cricket, obviously not as good as Kp,but yeah defo not a zillion miles away from him in quality.

Sorry Flem.
Nothing to apologise for

Ryder isn't half the player KP is and never has been

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It does no good. Makes it seem like the team are divided over the issue and means the matter of KP damages team harmony whether he's there or not, etc.

I have some sympathy for Bell. He has to be careful with his words and doesn't want to sound like he's saying KP doesn't deserve to get back in, that would lose him friends and make it awkward if he ever does get back. However, with the way the media runs with it, saying he "insists KP should get a chance" it just doesn't no good. You're better off just not saying anything.
I don't think the team is particularly divided. The only player in the dressing room that Pietersen openly has a problem with is Stuart Broad. I don't think KP was particularly enamoured with how Cook handled the situation post-Ashes but I think there's at least an appreciation of the fact that Cook was put in a particularly difficult position and I don't think Pietersen has any problem with him on a personal level. Swann's retired, Prior's been retired and despite the fact that his name keeps coming up, Pietersen doesn't have any particular beef with Anderson.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.... its amazing how little thought is given to the number of guys (and no matter what the number is) who are part of the current English team who do not have a problem with KP and would want to play in a side strengthened by his skills to give themselves a better chance of winning cricket games... It is almost as if Cook, Strauss, Broad and Andy Flower ARE English cricket at the moment and the others and their opinions be damned...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I still wouldn't be sad to see KP in that dressing room. Would make England better on paper but worse in reality since the claws would be ripping inward instead of outward.

Nah that's Mahela.
Mahela speaking is definitely not ***y.

Spark

Global Moderator
I feel sorry for the guy who has to run their twitter account, they're probably copping so much **** atm.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Swear KP didn't even say that much about Cook. And it's not like he's on twitter so I don't see why twitter abuse would be a major issue.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
English cricket keeps shooting itself in the foot. Alistair Cook should have been sacked along with Moores. Not defeating the WI alone is worthy of not having his captaincy renewed. KP would have injected some glamour to an otherwise mostly dull batting lineup (Bell can be eye-catching at times). English cricket must be in a better financial position than people think if they can afford to pay a hefty salary to Strauss to fill a completely unnecessary position. Also, it appears to me he has already undermined the newly appointed chairman of the board.

Alistair Cook's captaincy is taking the team backwards. Does he still merit a place in the team on batting alone?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thought you said you didn't believe Cook threatened to resign if KP came back?
I don't think so? I chopped spark's post off at mirror as a dig at the mirror, rather than as a comment on the story. Not sure if Cook actively threatened to resign but he has made it fairly clear he doesn't want KP back.

Telegraph's colours are firmly nailed to the mast in that article too, mind you.

But yeah if it is true, as petulant as the whole thing is, I'd much rather keep Cook.