• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isn't this super series idea looking a bit pointless now?

chalky

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
also i'd be pretty surprised if Harmison was willing to play
Yeah I'd be suprised if any of the English test players play after a long tough summer. I think they better draft in Goughie to give the series a bit of credibility :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Australia will need to find some form to give England and the World XI some competition, if they do they can win it, if they dont well it might be pretty one sided.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have seen Akhtar take 5 wicket hauls with ankle injuries. He has to be handled properly, that is all. There are personal differences between him and Inzy and that is why all that stupid stuff happened. I think he would do well under some other captain, esp. in such a big series.

greg

International Debutant
Yeah, Aktar's awesome when he's got an attack to back him up and he doesn't have to do the job of stock bowler as well as strike bowler.

howardj

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I have seen Akhtar take 5 wicket hauls with ankle injuries. He has to be handled properly, that is all. There are personal differences between him and Inzy and that is why all that stupid stuff happened. I think he would do well under some other captain, esp. in such a big series.
For sure man. The big Show Pony would thrive on a stage as big as this. And I say "Show Pony" not in a derogoratory sense, but in all truthfulness. The guy loves the spotlight, and it won't shine any brighter than the SuperTest.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Atherton's Comments

1. this is interesting today at OT i asked Mike Atherton who has we know is a selector of the world XI why wasn't Sangakkara selected in test squad & he said he didn't think Sangakkara has any done anything that magnificent againts the aussies in test to warrant selection in the test XI. Then i asked him wif he thinks Boucher or McCullum could keep to Murali well enough & he said he reckons Boucher would be able to handle it.

his idea's are valid but i dont agree with this one

2. I also asked him about Bonds chances of being picked in either squad, he said its unlikely he will be picked in the ODI squad but their is a possiblity he could picked for the test XI but it would be unlikely since Akhtar, Harmison, Pollock & Ntini are ahead of him at this stage.....

What do u ppl think???

kof98

U19 12th Man
Nicky Boje and Paul Adams (a long time ago) are the only spinners that SA has had with Boucher as the wicket keeper. I think Sangakkara is a better batsman and a better wicket keeper.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think that any thought of Bond being selected is very premature.

He's not proven anything on his return, and won't have a chance before the series.

Majin

International Debutant
They picked Boucher and McCullum ahead of Sanga? *_* Last time I checked he was a better batsman than both of them, and keeping to Murali obviously has the advantages. Boucher? I don't admit to have seen a lot of SA cricket but what I did see of him he wasn't very good.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sangy's batting yesterday in the Afro-Asian Cup showed up his technique, I think. He was very loose outside the offstump and basically struggled against Pollock on a pitch with a hint of assistance to the medium pacers. But that said, I think he surely deserved to be there ahead of McCullum. Maybe Boucher can practice against Murali enough to do well in the super test.

hamesh

Cricket Spectator
sanga is whey better than the rest

i personally think that Kumar is both better at batting and keeping wicket than his South African and New Zealand counter-parts