• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Your Batting Style Related To Any International Cricket????

Sudeep

International Captain
Ramnaresh Sarwan.

Used to be more like Damien Martyn before. But has changed a bit lately.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yep.. Carbon Copy of Daren Ganga, from the West Indies, except im a lot taller..
Interestingly though, Simon just pointed this out, the gap between my top and bottom hand is nearly the entire length of the bat..

Running between the wickets, Jonty Rhodes :)
Calling - Inzamam

Camel56

Banned
Rather than modeling my technique on a fellow top players technique you'll find that many of these so called top players have actually modelled their style on me. You would have to say that my batting style is the number one influence on players of the world today when you take into account the thousands of young players who's style is based on that of test players who in turn have modelled themselves on the doyen of all batsmen, Camel56.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm quite similar to Trescothick as well, except right-handed. I only model myself on him because we both open the batting and have a good eye for the ball but terrible technique!

Also I can't hit sixes - I'm very aggressive but whenever I go for pure power and try to clear the ropes I get caught in the deep after mis-cuing it.

Camel56

Banned
Barney - could i suggest trying a slog sweep type of shot. Really flick it high off your pads and if you time if right you will hit sixes.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have a similair set up to Nathan Astle, but unfortunately I have a forward and across movement similair to Scott Styris which makes me get too far across and I have to play around my pad a little too much. I'm gonna try to make some adjustments to my setup including taking legstump instead of middle (like Styris does and Stewart used to). Like Styris, I think I drive well and flick off the pads quite well, also have a good cut both in front of and behind point. Unfortunately, unlike Piggy I don't play the hook or pull.

I'm averaging over 30 this year with one 50 batting 7 and 8 in a competitive grade so I'm not doing too bad.

Any tips welcomed. Have recently loosened my bottom hand and am trying to watch the ball out of the bowlers hand, keep my head still and make initial assesments on length so that i don't lunge forward to short of length deliveries.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Over the last year and 1/2 I have remodelled my batting technique on Martin Love and VVS Laxman who both use a very short batlift, in fact Laxman's barely rises above his toes. I've found this to be beneficial, because I used to have a lot of trouble against full pitched delieveries and yorkers, at least now I can get down on the ball quicker. My pull strokes have been compared to Vaughan.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
I have been told that i display many of the same traits as the Don... and thats just our similar personalities. But others say i am a cross between Martin and Russel Crowe.....

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Mister Wright said:
Over the last year and 1/2 I have remodelled my batting technique on Martin Love and VVS Laxman who both use a very short batlift, in fact Laxman's barely rises above his toes. I've found this to be beneficial, because I used to have a lot of trouble against full pitched delieveries and yorkers, at least now I can get down on the ball quicker. My pull strokes have been compared to Vaughan.
Yea that used to be a problem with me as well. I did the same, but gradually lifted it higher...after a while you can manage to play'em