• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this the second biggest choke in WC history?

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Guys see what I found. See who is at #9 in ODI batsmen list when Wisden released it in 2002. I don't lie when I tell you guys that Kallis was considered a pretty solid (if not great) ODI batsmen up until 2003 (or little later). Notice how no one on that thread objected to Kallis' ranking. Because that's how he was viewed at the time.

His stocks started falling later in his career when he was found wanting in chasing 435 and 370 odd against Australia, and generally couldn't keep pace with changing ODI game. And about a decade since his retirement, there is further revisionist downgrading. Some of you ****s almost succeeded in gaslighting me into thinking my memory was wrong.
Or maybe Wisden is **** and can't rate. Even in 99 SF Kallis ws found wanting. Scored 53 off 91 balls.

Waqar over Garner and Mcgrath? Wisden can't be taken seriously after that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Or maybe Wisden is **** and can't rate. Even in 99 SF Kallis ws found wanting. Scored 53 off 91 balls.

Waqar over Garner and Mcgrath? Wisden can't be taken seriously after that.
Wisden and its ranking system can be ****. That was not my point. My point was see how no one in the thread found that ranking atrocious. Why do you think that was the case?

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Wisden and its ranking system can be ****. That was not my point. My point was see how no one in the thread found that ranking atrocious. Why do you think that was the case?
u sure?

How did Kalllis make the all time ODI batsman top 10!!

surley there are batsman of better pedigree in ODIs currently that are better than him.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
People do not rate Kallis all that highly in ODIs because they have seen him live, and does not pass the eye test as an ODI cricketer. Even a highlights watch would tell so. It isn't as if we are talking of a 1920s cricketer who could be mostly judged by score lines or what is written about him.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
I can understand if Kallis gets rated in tests but in odis no way! I rate Herschelle Gibbs better than him in Odis.