• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Stokes the most overrated player in the history of cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirkut

International Regular
JediBrah, if Burgey doesn't even always see where my humour is going (see my sig) - do you really think you're my target audience? No offence.

Whether people on here get my humour or not does not phase me. There are incredibly intelligent people on here like vcs. And I know I make them chuckle from time to time by virtue of their latent likes on my posts. Whether you get it or not while questioning whether English is my first language or not, isn't my primary concern. I seriously don't care if you're a gay black man if you bowl mean af tweak or hit it for six.

Just be reassured I am avoiding ad hoiminem, and I deplore racism and prejudices that are based on crap. So all in all, my posts are not dangerous nor provocative.

I'm just here to have fun. Think of me as Cyndi Lauper. But male. And with normal hair. And not competing with Madonna.

LIke you and all regulars on here, I love cricket. That is the baseline you should be looking at.
Hey! You may very well turn out to be sensei of humour in future.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha what

There are actual physicists and published authors on here, strange that you picked me as an example, but thanks. :)
After the cricketweb book almost all of us are published authors

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
When we use the word 'overrated' we need to consider who a player is compared to/rated with.

In terms of any Stokes/Imran comparison, they have similar batting averages but Imran is by far the superior bowler.

If Stokes is mentioned in the same breath as Botham, the statistical comparison is valid. Stokes's batting average is better than Botham's but Botham's bowling superiority is better by a similar margin. Both have virtually won Test matches with outstanding individual performances.

I note this thread was started a couple of years ago and Stokes has improved considerably over that time-period.

This aged well.
- a can't totally agree!

Spark

Global Moderator
A Firebreaker, Miyagi, and slippy thread. What quality on display there.

I think that, if we're going to dig up old threads to discuss this topic, we should find a less diseased thread to do it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.