• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Andrew Symonds the best fielder we've ever seen?

Is Symonds the best fielder we've ever seen?

• Yes

• Definitely

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's fun to play but boring to watch imo.

I didn't get through all of it but compared to like the best goals, wickets, tackles, rallies, catches, baskets etc of any given year from most other sports this is kinda meh

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I used to watch hockey years ago but it was mostly a penalty corner fest which was extremely dull to watch. Dont know if that has gotten better or worse.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Great fielders are really hard to judge unless you see them live, and I never did with Symonds, the way they eat up ground with minimal effort is often the thing, rather than the spectacular, and maybe bizarrely I think Chris Jordan is the best I've seen live.
second this on jordan.

bloke turns 3s into 2s, 2s into 1s so easily. also probably the best pair of hands i've ever seen. capable of the absolute sublime and ridiculous.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
tbf, a hockey stick is easier to wield as a weapon. Also, pop culture prefers hockey sticks and baseball balls as the domestic weapon of choice. You'd be hard pressed to find an Indian movie from the 80s and early 90s without the hockey stick in a starring role.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tbf, a hockey stick is easier to wield as a weapon. Also, pop culture prefers hockey sticks and baseball balls as the domestic weapon of choice. You'd be hard pressed to find an Indian movie from the 80s and early 90s without the hockey stick in a starring role.
Dude our movies could turn anything into a weapon. I mean.......

Googly Master

Cricket Spectator
Yes he was a great fielder. I found him working hard in the ground in every match. His moves were just like a ping pong player moving across the table and keeping a hawk's eye on the ball. The best of him was to hit the wickets directly.