• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland and Afghanistan awarded Test status by ICC

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While I don't follow Associate or U19 cricket all that much I have noticed that Ireland seems to have stagnated significantly over the past few years. I agree with Nicolas Tector that this is rather concerning, especially as I really don't want giving them test status to be seen as a mistake like it was for Bangladesh for so many years, or worse. I hope that they can find some young, good players soon to replace and improve the current team.

Flem274*

123/5
not so sure with zimbabwe tbh. since taylor and jarvis left they're going downhill fast. :(

WI should win but never count out their ability to disappoint their fans.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
WI are miles ahead in Test cricket.
Really? They'd probably win but their cricket is going backwards more than forwards I'm afraid and I wouldn't rule out a shock defeat against an Ireland with home advantage. Ireland might've also stood a chance a few years ago against Bangladesh or even Srilanka on a green seamer with some dibbly dobbly bowling.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really? They'd probably win but their cricket is going backwards more than forwards I'm afraid and I wouldn't rule out a shock defeat against an Ireland with home advantage. Ireland might've also stood a chance a few years ago against Bangladesh or even Srilanka on a green seamer with some dibbly dobbly bowling.
SL did well in England so I doubt that.

As for the shock defeat, it's only a shock if the other team are way better isn't it?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
SL did well in England so I doubt that.

As for the shock defeat, it's only a shock if the other team are way better isn't it?
Well, given the Windies' history which is really all they have left as a test team, their history.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not exactly directly linked but Afghanistan u19s are currently beating Bangladesh u19s 2-1 in a 5-match series with 1 game a no result.

Not bad really. Signs are good for them.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan's openers against Ireland's medium pacers on an early season green wicket in Dublin is a great recipe for egg on face.