• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Price Brackets- Brian Lara included

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's not about IPL experience, it's about T20 experience. Michael Clarke has never played for New South Wales in the Big Bash, his only T20 experience outside of internationals is 6 games for Hampshire in 2004.

Selecting Michael Clarke as T20 captain makes as much sense as making David Warner the Test captain.
Only if you prioritise all formats equally.

On merit, I think it's a disgrace that Clarke's T20 captain. However, I'd willingly sacrifice the odd T20I to give the man who's going to be the next Test captain (whether I like it or not) some valuable international captaincy experience. That's what's happening.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Only if you prioritise all formats equally.

On merit, I think it's a disgrace that Clarke's T20 captain. However, I'd willingly sacrifice the odd T20I to give the man who's going to be the next Test captain (whether I like it or not) some valuable international captaincy experience. That's what's happening.
You pick your best side for all formats - your best Test XI for Tests, best ODI XI for ODIs, and best T20 XI for T20Is.

Clarke doesn't fit into the latter category, and shouldn't be anywhere near the side. Cam White should have been made T20 captain a year ago, and he'd have had a year's worth of captaincy experience, which might prove vital if Clarke proves he's not up to the job in the senior formats.

Mike5181

International Captain
You pick your best side for all formats - your best Test XI for Tests, best ODI XI for ODIs, and best T20 XI for T20Is.

Clarke doesn't fit into the latter category, and shouldn't be anywhere near the side. Cam White should have been made T20 captain a year ago, and he'd have had a year's worth of captaincy experience, which might prove vital if Clarke proves he's not up to the job in the senior formats.
White is better than Marcus North as well but they left him out of the test team. He is only 27.

trapol

U19 12th Man
You do realize that whilst the players were recommended a base price anyone make theirs higher if they wished

That's why Luke Wright and co are at 400, they CHOSE for it to be $400k

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd love to see Clarke in the IPL actually..
Whilst Clarke is a wonderful strokemaker, it's not much good if he doesn't play any ****ing strokes.

I exaggerate and I get your point, but there is a reason that he is so poor...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was just watching some highlights of World Cup 2007.. how has he changed his approach so much as a limited over batsman since then? Hard to believe.

Mike5181

International Captain
Ryan ten Doeschate is a good player, contributes with the bat and ball pretty consistently. Could be a cheap buy if any of the teams are interested.

brockley

International Captain
When 10 sides was drawn up earlier,it suggested mid june to finish.
Can someone publish the full list,the link won't work.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Damn. No Atul Sharma on that list. Jokes aside, I was sincerely hoping we'd hear from him.

sayanranu

Cricket Spectator
Why's ganguly's reserve price so low? Played some good knocks last season IIRC?
Because Ganguly chose that price. The players decide their base price, not the IPL committee. Personally, I think it's a smart choice. I do fear for Lara. He does run the risk of not getting any bids

Mike5181

International Captain
Because Ganguly chose that price. The players decide their base price, not the IPL committee. Personally, I think it's a smart choice. I do fear for Lara. He does run the risk of not getting any bids
Some big egos in their thinking they can get 400