• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Auction/Team Organization Thread

Agent TBY

International Captain
"There will be a 48-hour period for those submissions."

In before the deadline and it doesnt say anything about not revising bids before the 48-hr period ends.

But if people dont like it then I can revert back. No big deal.
Period 1 runs from now until Wednesday 11pm (UK).

A franchise may not adjust the initial auction list during Period 1. That is, you may only bid once for players in the first round.
It's not really a question of me not liking it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
End of Period 1

The following teams have placed lone bids for players:

Chennai: Goff 5, Kearsley 9
Kolkata: Heads 5
Rajasthan: Ritchie 10
Deccan: Rose 15
Delhi: Gough 9

These players may be signed if the franchises so desire. You do not have to sign them, however. Please confirm any signings before bidding on anyone else.

Should they be signed, that would leave:

Chennai: 6 points (but cannot bid again, due to maximum of 2 players signed; alternatively Chennai could sign just one of the players and may then bid for a 2nd player in Period 2 with 15 or 11 points)
Kolkata: 15 points
Rajasthan: 10 points
Delhi: 11 points
Deccan: 5 points

These points may be carried on into Period 2 (starting in 1 hour) to bid for players. If you choose not to sign these players, however, you carry your full 20 points into Period 2 to pursue other targets. Remember that you must sign at least one player in the auction, with a maximum of two.

See, I've tried to make this as complicated as possible (and really drag on as long as possible). :cool:

Remember, in order to sign a second CW player, you must release one existing international.

Players with more than one bid stand as follows:

13 - SE Fuller (Mumbai on top)
11 - G Sriram (Delhi/Kolkata)
6 - Corrin (Bangalore)

Any questions, and I expect several, ask 'em now or forever hold etc. etc.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

That leaves Rajasthan with 10 points that may be spent in Period 2. But again, you'd have to release a current international first.

Simon

I'd like to sign both Goff and Kearsley, this means I have to dump one of my current internationals yes?

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Awesome, great to be snapped up early in the IPL Auction, should be good playing along side Goffy as well. Good work Simon

Athlai

Not Terrible
The following teams have placed lone bids for players:

Chennai: Goff 5, Kearsley 9
Kolkata: Heads 5
Rajasthan: Ritchie 10
Deccan: Rose 15
Delhi: Gough 9

These players may be signed if the franchises so desire. You do not have to sign them, however. Please confirm any signings before bidding on anyone else.

Should they be signed, that would leave:

Chennai: 6 points (but cannot bid again, due to maximum of 2 players signed; alternatively Chennai could sign just one of the players and may then bid for a 2nd player in Period 2 with 15 or 11 points)
Kolkata: 15 points
Rajasthan: 10 points
Delhi: 11 points
Deccan: 5 points

These points may be carried on into Period 2 (starting in 1 hour) to bid for players. If you choose not to sign these players, however, you carry your full 20 points into Period 2 to pursue other targets. Remember that you must sign at least one player in the auction, with a maximum of two.

See, I've tried to make this as complicated as possible (and really drag on as long as possible). :cool:

Remember, in order to sign a second CW player, you must release one existing international.

Players with more than one bid stand as follows:

13 - SE Fuller (Mumbai on top)
11 - G Sriram (Delhi/Kolkata)
6 - Corrin (Bangalore)

Any questions, and I expect several, ask 'em now or forever hold etc. etc.
Sriram - 16 (I had bid on him first and I believe neither Kolkata nor Delhi have enough points to outbid me.)

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Sriram - 16 (I had bid on him first and I believe neither Kolkata nor Delhi have enough points to outbid me.)
Think Kev can still, if he decides to withdraw the bid for himself. Don't see why he would, though. 16 is way too much for someone who's just back from inactivity.

Not that I'm complaining, though. :)

Shouldn't have done that, in hindsight. :dry:

Haha nah, welcome aboard.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I have the worst friggin' Indian domestic players, need a solid performer in the mix.
Can't do worse than my domestic batsmen, tbh. Their stat pages are just hilarious.

Anyway, will give up on myself. On that note:

DP Smith - 10

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha want to bet?
Yuvraj is goodish averaging 26.67
Then Goel averaging 23.31
Followed by Irfan Pathan 19.59

Then I think Ramesh Powar or Chawla are my best batsman. Cringeworthy.