• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not sure how much I will follow the tournament, but I am liking how the league is developing slowly. There are always players who keep getting added, the money keeps increasing. So the standards increase, even if it is in small measures.

We can expect a 300 score surely in the IPL this season?

Personally I am looking at following some KKR games, watching AB bat and watching some games when I can. Usually my interest follows this pattern though

Start of the league - a bit of enthusiasm as the league starts
After 10 days or so - Interest nosedives with an overdose of sameness even if I watch 3-4 games

End up watching the final.

cnerd123

likes this
Been an RR fan from Day 1.

I enjoy watching the IPL, but have been reading more of it's history recently, and the more exciting elements of the IPL are not cricket-related. It's all about what goes on behind the scenes - the politics, the deal-mongering, the investments, the egoes.

That's because the IPL really only exists to earn money for the BCCI and for the franchises. As such none of the decisions are going to be made for cricketing reasons - the scheduling, the rules, and even the team composition. If an underperforming side full of superstars brings in more money than a championship winning side of nobodies, then the franchises will do the former.

Each season will gradually get better in terms of on-field performances though. As the league stabilises, sides will start to focus more on winning. Right now its still a mess of sides just trying to secure their future revenue streams, establish fan-bases, get their legal paperwork in order, and ensure they don't get booted out of the league without reaping some profits.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this season unfolds, both on the field and off.

Flem274*

123/5
Right gonna pick a team. I hear someone has both steyn and boult? They sound promising, any veto players?

Flem274*

123/5
Sunrisers have some filth like KP who will make them hard to support if they play but areotherwise loveable. I'll support Milne and the RCB bowling but hope Kohli always loses. The royals have me conflicted. They have Rahane, binny, southee and smithbut also twatto, forkers and the dark prince unmukt chand.

Dehli are filler. Neither hated or loved.

Niall

International Coach
Sunrisers have some filth like KP who will make them hard to support if they play but areotherwise loveable. I'll support Milne and the RCB bowling but hope Kohli always loses. The royals have me conflicted. They have Rahane, binny, southee and smithbut also twatto, forkers and the dark prince unmukt chand.

Dehli are filler. Neither hated or loved.

KP ripped his contract up, will be playing for Surrey. He will appear for Sunrisers if they reach the knockouts, but you would assume he would struggle to get into the side at that stage.

i'l be supporting Punjab again,Sehwag at the top with Maxwell and Miller going mental and Bailey captain. Like the way they go so hard from ball one.

GGG

State Captain
Southee may not get a game anyway, think he only played one last season. Will be interesting to see how Kane goes, hoping he gets a start, may have to wait for KP to fail and even then they will probably still pick him over Kane.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah no KP. Steyn, Boult and Williamson, my first ever IPL team right there.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Might actually go for a few games, gonna be in India for the next 60 day period, targeting one in Delhi and one in Mohali for sure. Yuvraj and Zak for Delhi makes them a half decent side this time around.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhuvi, Steyn and Boult is a serious bowling line up, along with Karn Sharma as the leg spinner. So much skill and variety :wub:

Dhawan
Warner
Williamson
Ojha
Reddy
Rasool
Shukla
Karn
Bhuvi
Steyn
Boult

Indian middle order a bit of a problem but otherwise it's a solid side. Williamson can probably be swapped for Bopara or Henriques if you want a lower order hitter I suppose and maybe a bit of extra bowling options.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
RR have quite a beastly side this year. Shame that Twatto is listed as captain. I hope that changes before the tourney starts and TPC gets it.

^Watson
Rahane
^TPC (*)
Samson (+)
Binny
Nayar
^Faulkner
Bhatia
^Southee/Cutting/Morris/Kane R
Tambe
Kulkarni/V Malik

2 quicks + Faulkner + Binny + Bhatia + Tambe + Watto + some part-time filth from Nayar/TPC which shouldn't be needed. Batting right down till 9 (assuming one of Morris/Southee/Cutting plays), a beastly top 4, Faulkner as finisher and a healthy cake-icing mix. Also a solid fielding side. I'm liking it.