• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Darkh

Cricket Spectator
I am sure the sunrisers are underdogs in the likes of big names like csk and kkr and rcb. However i am pretty sure they will make a huge impact this season..

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
They should allow five overseas players in the starting 11 and then IPL might be worth watching. The quality of Indian players (aside from some of the internationals) is poor.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Boult and Steyn. Pass the tissues.

Still I'm starting to get a bit worried about how much cricket Boult is playing. It's been pretty much non-stop for him since the Champion's League last year and will continue until the end of the England series is June. Hope that scrawny little body of his can handle it.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Still I'm starting to get a bit worried about how much cricket Boult is playing. It's been pretty much non-stop for him since the Champion's League last year and will continue until the end of the England series is June. Hope that scrawny little body of his can handle it.
The bloke is the fittest in NZ - I reckon Chris Donaldson will be tracking him pretty carefully.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
RR have quite a beastly side this year. Shame that Twatto is listed as captain. I hope that changes before the tourney starts and TPC gets it.

^Watson
Rahane
^TPC (*)
Samson (+)
Binny
Nayar
^Faulkner
Bhatia
^Southee/Cutting/Morris/Kane R
Tambe
Kulkarni/V Malik

2 quicks + Faulkner + Binny + Bhatia + Tambe + Watto + some part-time filth from Nayar/TPC which shouldn't be needed. Batting right down till 9 (assuming one of Morris/Southee/Cutting plays), a beastly top 4, Faulkner as finisher and a healthy cake-icing mix. Also a solid fielding side. I'm liking it.
Faulkner batting below Binny and nayar?

cnerd123

likes this
Faulkner to basically bat after 14 overs are done, whether thats at 3 or 9. Don't think they'll be giving him much responsibility.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Does anyone in the UK know whether Sky has all the games from the IPL, or just a bunch. They're annoyingly non-committal on their website, saying 'you can catch all the action', but never saying every game is broadcast live.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Hopefully everything is on Youtube again as per last season
Hope so too, can watch the games at a later date that way (and skip through a lot of the crap).

Maybe its just that a few players have really come on since last IPL, but there seems to be more strong teams this year.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They should allow five overseas players in the starting 11 and then IPL might be worth watching. The quality of Indian players (aside from some of the internationals) is poor.
Yeah 5 overseas players would be awesome.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Quite a few strong teams this time around. Think any one of Rajasthan, Punjab, Chennai, Mumbai and KKR could be champions realistically. Also the bowling strength of Hyderabad is just ridiculous. Think they shouldn't play Steyn though. Play an extra overseas batsman as their middle order is kind of ****.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully everything is on Youtube again as per last season
I remember youtube displaying about the live IPL last year days before IPL started. No such display this year. So, I doubt if they will show it on youtube again.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't stop football leagues with similar names to have more foreign players.
If we increase the cap to 5 or lift the cap slowly, it will become another World T20 with the difference being this world t20 played between cities instead of countries. Won't be of much interest to Indian public.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
The opening ceremony was laughably bad.
- Saif Ali Khan not knowing what to say
- Rohit Sharma coming when Shikhar Dhawan's name was called
- Rohit Sharma stepping on a light banner thinking it's a stage
- Anushka Sharma making the audience wait as her name kept being called out
- Shahid Kapoor tripping when coming up to dance

Feel free to add more.

Why couldn't they get the Filmfare guys to do it?