• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzamam Ul Haq - Should he be sacked ?

Inzamam also responsible for today's incident ?

• Total voters

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I voted NO!

I am/was not a big fan of Inzi, have often mocked him and called him a lucky captain:blink: , however i think sacking of Inzi would be the most stupid thing that can be done, and such a move would be seen by ppl like Hair as a justification of their totally unjustified act.

First of all, i don't think it was Inzi's lone decision to protest, i believe he got input from Younis,Youhanna, BOB and Waqar and it was something which the whole team were in favor of.What Inzi did wrong was to wait till tea to remain off the field, he should have done that the moment Hair accused him of cheating without providing any proof.

PPl say that Pakistan shoul have gone on and played the match, but my question is what do a team play for? If one has been humiliated and insulted without any reason then its a disgrace to carry on playing the match while being labelled as a cheat.On top i think even if the match would have resumed it would have gone more and more uglier, as knowking Hair, he would have created more incidents which would have infuriated the Pak team.Nasser Husssain said that carrying on playing in such a csenario is only an admission of a guilt, and if one is innocent, then one has no choice but to walk away from the field.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think the votes summed it up, the player walk off might not have even been Inzi's doing in the first place, you never know who wears the trousers in the Pakistan dressing room..

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Rajeev said:
Would have prefered the Ranatunga Style.

I don't know what other proof ICC requires v.s HAIR

But the man played his cards right and unfortunately pak didn't.

?
Did he ?? coz i think you are dead wrong.

The only bright thing to come out of the nightmare was Hair being exposed, by walking off Pakistan made a statement saying that Hair has been biased umpire, they have been saying that with justification since a long time , unfortuntely the impotent ruling body ICC did nothing to address the issue, now i believe Hair fate will be sealed.

Pakistan will get a fine, Inzi might get few matches ban and that all.But where will Hair end?? He is not going to supervice matches in which Pak and lanka plays and is also unlikely to feature in matches against India.His repution has been seriously tarnished now, and the only facesaving thing for him to do would be to annonce a retirement.

I actually hold ICC responsible for the whole issue, the PCB Boss had in very clear words said that its team didn't wanted to play under the supervision of Hair before the current test match, yet the ICC gave hair the maximum number of matches to supervice.With each and every match the relationship b/w Pak and Hair kept on getting bad to worse and it was bound to explode one day.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
if the umps called his side cheats, then wat was he supposed to do. That is a pretty serious accusation based on, what it appears to me, pretty slight evidence. Has there been any footage or anything to show that any of the Pakistan players actually tampered with the ball? Even the circumstantial evidence seems to be rather thin, from what I understand.
HB - My problem is not with his protest but the way this protest was handled. I am not even sure if this was a protest, IMO pakistan were flat out refusing to take the field and only after they realized that the match was being awarded to England did they take the field.

That's not strong leadership, IMO. If you take a stand, you stick to it. Dont change your story, dont lookt for excuses and I agree with those who say that he should have taken the decision on the ground itself when the ball was being changed.

IMO he was used as a pawn by Abbas & Khan and I am angry and mad because of that.

Fusion

Global Moderator
But Sanz, you created this thread by stating he's hot headed and over reacted. Based on your post above, you think that he should've made the decision to walk off the field immediately. In that case, the only beef you have with Inzi is that he was used by the bosses and didn't react fast enough? And for that he should be sacked? I don’t see the logic behind that. Anyway, the voting so far strongly favors Inzi. Even the six that said he was partly to blame don't think he should be sacked. So as of now, 91% of people don't think he should be sacked. I would guess that if we took world-wide poll, the numbers would be similar. On the other hand, if we asked the same thing for Hair, I would suggest over 90% of people would probably back firing him.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Langeveldt said:
I think the votes summed it up, the player walk off might not have even been Inzi's doing in the first place, you never know who wears the trousers in the Pakistan dressing room..
I'd hope they all wear trousers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
HB - My problem is not with his protest but the way this protest was handled. I am not even sure if this was a protest, IMO pakistan were flat out refusing to take the field and only after they realized that the match was being awarded to England did they take the field.

That's not strong leadership, IMO. If you take a stand, you stick to it. Dont change your story, dont lookt for excuses and I agree with those who say that he should have taken the decision on the ground itself when the ball was being changed.

IMO he was used as a pawn by Abbas & Khan and I am angry and mad because of that.
Yeah you're contradicting your original post here if you reckon he was used as a pawn. Either he was hot-headed and he masterminded the protest out of anger, or it wasn't even his idea, and politics played a massive role. You can't have it both ways.

I feel it was the latter. Inzy IMO was far from the mastermind behind this, and shouldn't be sacked.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion - Actually I said two reasons 1. he is hot headed b. he is not smart enough to handle situation like these himself. And walking off the field immediately would have been bad as well but not worse than refusing to come out of for 40 minutes or so. IMO he really looked bad as leader after he was left alone in the field with his team after the game was decided in favor of England.

And trust me I didn't create this post to paint Inzi as a hero/villain, but just to get the opinion of the people on this forum and I fully respect the opinion of those who have voted.Neither is this poll some sort of attempt to justify Hair's deeds.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Fusion - Actually I said two reasons 1. he is hot headed b. he is not smart enough to handle situation like these himself. And walking off the field immediately would have been bad as well but not worse than refusing to come out of for 40 minutes or so. IMO he really looked bad as leader after he was left alone in the field with his team after the game was decided in favor of England.

And trust me I didn't create this post to paint Inzi as a hero/villain, but just to get the opinion of the people on this forum and I fully respect the opinion of those who have voted.Neither is this poll some sort of attempt to justify Hair's deeds.
Fair enough.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Yeah you're contradicting your original post here if you reckon he was used as a pawn. Either he was hot-headed and he masterminded the protest out of anger, or it wasn't even his idea, and politics played a massive role. You can't have it both ways.

I feel it was the latter. Inzy IMO was far from the mastermind behind this, and shouldn't be sacked..
On his Hot-headedness- I think I said "It has been seen time and again, the guy just blows his fuse on tivial issues" clearly relating his temper to his acts mainly in the past.

Fusion

Global Moderator
That was very sad episode and I fault Inzi for going into the stands, no matter what was being said to him (and depending on whom you believe, what was being said was pretty sick). Nevertheless, he shouldn't have gone into the stands like that. Now, find me another incident of Inzi losing his cool and acting crazy. What is the point of posting this video? If you are tyring to say Inzi can lose his cool, point proven. So can anyone else in this world. As for comparisons to the current incident, it doesn't hold. Inzi acted very admirably in the immediate aftermath of Hair changing the ball. He didn't start a shouting match with him, he didn't start wagging his fingers at him, he didn't storm off the field in anger. During no point did he display a fit of rage. He was indignant, but without being over the top. As the poll results on this thread show, the overwhelming majority of people don't fault him more than Hair.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion - Let's not mix Hair's actions in this thread, there are other threads for that.

Do you agree that due to (mis)handling of this issue by Inzi, Pakistan might pull out of the ODIs and might face financial penalty and a possible suspension by ICC ?

Do you agree that due to his (in)action Pakistan became the first team and he first captain in cricket history to forfiet a test match ? History will always remember him for that.

Do you agree that due to his inability to assess the situation right way, he looked like an idiot on the 4th day evening and now faces a suspension for 8 matches ?

PS :- The point of posting that video was merely informational, something I wanted to share with the forum members.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Fusion - Let's not mix Hair's actions in this thread, there are other threads for that.

Do you agree that due to (mis)handling of this issue by Inzi, Pakistan might pull out of the ODIs and might face financial penalty and a possible suspension by ICC ?

Do you agree that due to his (in)action Pakistan became the first team and he first captain in cricket history to forfiet a test match ? History will always remember him for that.

Do you agree that due to his inability to assess the situation right way, he looked like an idiot on the 4th day evening and now faces a suspension for 8 matches ?

PS :- The point of posting that video was merely informational, something I wanted to share with the forum members.
Sanz, to me Hair's actions go hand in hand with Inzi's reaction. You can't talk about one without mentioning the other. Now let me answer your questions:

Yes, due to his handling of the issue, that is a possiblity. He took a noble stand in my opinion and as such should be ready to face the consequences.

Yes, that's just a fact. Again I applaud his stance though. History will not be so black and white as the way you phrased the question though. History will recognize the part Hair played and why Inzi had to forfiet the match.

Absulotely NOT! IMO, he did assess the situation correctly. He waited until he got in the dressing room and discussed the issue with the whole team and officials. They (at least the players) came to a conclusion that they shouldn't go out and play. Why is he an "idiot" for taking that course of action? Just because you disagree?

As for posting the video, it's your perogative. I don't see the relavance, but we'll agree to disagree.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Absulotely NOT! IMO, he did assess the situation correctly. He waited until he got in the dressing room and discussed the issue with the whole team and officials. They (at least the players) came to a conclusion that they shouldn't go out and play. Why is he an "idiot" for taking that course of action? Just because you disagree?.
Actually you have got this part wrong, I didn't say that he looked like an idiot for not taking the field after tea. That was certainly his stand and IMO he should have stuck to it.

But when he decided to change his stand and took the field after bails were taken off, He was there in the ground waiting for the umpires and batsmen to come, he looked like an idiot. And It certainly was painful for me to watch him go through this humiliation.

Obviously, we can agree to disagree on this.

FRAZ

International Captain
It is so ironic that even now in the peace times people are doing their best to repeat sep 1965 ..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FRAZ said:
It is so ironic that even now in the peace times people are doing their best to repeat sep 1965 ..
Having researched what this refers to, I cannot believe the sheer idiocy of this. Remember you were banned once and are still only on probation here - a probation that could very well end soon.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Inzamam should be sacked, his stupidity cost Pakistan the match. Even if they are innocent of ball tampering he should have not let it interfere with the game, that sort of thing could have far more easily been taken up with the officials after the days play.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
The only person i think should get sack should be that idiot Darrel Hair, who likes to take the lime light always and create these controversies.

Every single Pakistani would 100% support their captain for what he did, and i think it was about the time someone did something about it