• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introducing cricinsight: Visualize custom statistics

91Jmay

International Coach
This is so, so good. Excellent work! Wonder if you can get any media sites interested?

ESPN did it with an American football analytics site called Football Outsiders.

viriya

International Captain
This is so, so good. Excellent work! Wonder if you can get any media sites interested?

ESPN did it with an American football analytics site called Football Outsiders.
Thanks.

Honestly I have no idea if they would be interested / how I would get them involved. I have a few more "to dos" that I want to complete that I'm focusing on atm.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That would be some interesting data but afaik there is no good source for historical bowling speeds around (ball-by-ball). If you know where I can find it I can definitely take a look.
I could only find a summary - hardly enough data to play with.
It would be a major project, would require a script or robot to look at the cricinfo commentary for all tests and odis for where a bowling speed is mentioned

viriya

International Captain
It would be a major project, would require a script or robot to look at the cricinfo commentary for all tests and odis for where a bowling speed is mentioned
Yea another thing that could be done with that is parsing the control % for batsmen and pitch map stats for bowlers.. Something to look into eventually, but my next focus is making a betting stats hub.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There should be option to see more than 10 records in Insight. 10 is too low (compared to 200 in statsguru).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ah I had changed every other table in the site with that option already but missed that. Fixed.
Ok but only a subset of results are shown (probably the first 5000). Statsguru shows only 200 results per page, but the result is complete in statsguru.

This is surely not all FT20 innings ever.
cricrate | insight

Last edited: